Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had an 87 Exciter way back in the day...I believe they are 570 cc's. That sled moved along really nice from what I remember. The suspension was pretty good too for being an 87 and it pulled pretty hard. Not a bad sled in my books.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I have a friend who have owned one. 90 or 92 I forget, it was a 572cc I think. It is a fast sled, handled good and wasn't to bad for suspension. Electric start always worked, reliable, never had to be towed home. Good sled

·
Registered
129 Posts
I completely ripped the suspension out of one ditch-banging it right into a culvert. WAY back in the day, though, totalling the sled in less than a season.

<sniff> Ah, my first insurance claim, it practically brings a tear to my eye. </sniff>

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
My father has a 1990 with only 1,000 + miles on the chassis and a little over 300 on the engine. Great little sled, light weight and plenty of power. Good suspension for the year......very reliable too.

·
Registered
226 Posts
1977 Exciter 440. . . first sled I ever had. Paid $900 clams for it. Beat the crap out of it for 4 years, reconditioned it and sold it for $800. I think the sled is still being used on Lake St. Clair to haul ice fishing shantys (sp) around. The ride on this sled was similar to riding on a log!

·
Registered
149 Posts
I had one that I just sold. It was my wifes. Was a great little sled. Nimble and really light. Quick for the cc's it has.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts