Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally finished wiring up my AC to DC conversion for my 2003 MXZX 440. I bought a Cyberdyne water temp gauge 12volt DC. But the Sled puts out between 8-13volts AC so with a little help from some guys on Dootalk I made a converter to change it over to 12volts DC with a rectifier, 2200uF capacitor and a voltage regulator. It works perfect, next thing is to fully cover it (with the exception of the voltage regulator)with liquid electrical tape.
[attachment=57208]
[attachment=57212]here is a pic of the gauge, i'll post some pics once it is all installed

Attachments

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
Did you make the rectifier or buy?

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
So how about a parts list and a schematic?
I found some online and built one (haven't tested it yet), but there were more parts to buy. Some parts were hard to find. Might have been an outdated setup. Give us an idea what yours took to build, please.

·
Registered
279 Posts

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
A lot shorter parts list than the one I found and built... cheaper too.
So, how about a quick diagram to show us how it's all wired together [:D]

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
what kind of wire are you using to go from the sender to the gauge?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will have to check the gauge of the wire but it came with the Cyberdyne kit. I actually did not even end up using any extra wire because there is a wire built into the sending unit that was long enough to react the input wire on the back of the gauge.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
do you need some type of high speed wire for it cause I just used regular 10 gauge wire i found laying around? On mine it takes it a while to reach 100 and I'm probably up to 900-1000 degrees

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
On mine it takes it a while to reach 100 and I'm probably up to 900-1000 degrees
Clouse2411
I am guessing you talking exhaust temp with those high numbers?
The gauge I installed is for water (coolent) temp. For water temp indeed HOT (150+), anything beyond 160 needs to be cooled fast, the next hash (180) is the hottest you want to get.

Th wire for the brass sending unit it 22awg multistrand wire.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts