Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm lookin at a 99 zr 700 it is in mint shape i think 3900 miles i was wondering how it was on gas and if that 700 is tough and reliable? its gonnah take a few beatings so i want it to hold up. also it has twin pipes. the price is 4500$ canadian

Jason Everill

[red]Moved to General by Polaris-Man[/red]

·
Registered
134 Posts
$4500 is a little much i think....700's really werent popular...to heavy and not enuff power....500,600,&800's in the cats are good sleds lightweight and more then enough power to push'em along good...id offer like 3900 u can always go up

Duct tape the only real solution

GO BIG or GO HOME!!!!
TEAM TRICKY

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the track is also bad on that ac. i think fer this year i'll just put a new track on my vmax and since the 2nd clutch was done last year and its been workin great i might just keep that. its just that i wanted a faster sled because my brothers 2003 edge x just came in and its AWESOME.

Jason Everill

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Nothing like a little brotherly competition!

GO HARD, OR GO HOME - IF YOU COME TO A FORK IN THE ROAD...TAKE IT

·
Registered
134 Posts
look around for a zr600,...those are lightweight quick sleds

GO BIG or GO HOME!!!!
TEAM TRICKY

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
im also thinking its a lil over priced...but i guess do what you want!......and hey who says the 700 is underpowered.....i know its a opinion but still......do you ride it constantly?......im assuming NO so

ARTIC CAT....my way to play

·
Registered
134 Posts
i never said a 700 was underpowered but the hp to weight ratio isnt very good in my opnion

GO BIG or GO HOME!!!!
TEAM TRICKY

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
I'll say it, the 700 is underpowered. My uncle has one. It is ported, performance heads, pipes, air box, and clutch kit and its a dog. Sure its pretty fast but compared to say Polaris 700 of the same year its a dog. THe 99 700 engine was based on the old late 80s early 90s Wildcat engines. Sure those were fine in there day but in 99 they were a little dated.

·
Registered
134 Posts
they should have made firecats in 5,6 and 8...i dont see very many 700's

GO BIG or GO HOME!!!!
TEAM TRICKY

·
Registered
892 Posts
Yeah, but the F7 Firecat is putting out the same hp as the ZR 800 - 140 hp, also has 70 less lbs. This is not the same 700 that was used before, which is evident with the addition of EFI.

Anyway, as far as the 99 sled goes, I would look it over real well, I do not know how many times I have seen sleds sold with the left front drive bearing out or something you might forget to look at.

/snofan/../images/users/baero/eyes.gif

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Don't get me wrong its a pretty good sled though my uncle's has an rpm problem where it needs to ramp up rpms or else it is a real dog on the trails. But if you plan to be racing and really hard running against other sleds I would prolly look somewhere else. ANd yes the F7 is VERY different seeing as the intake and exhaust are on the side and the engine is designed to lay down in the engine bay. I also agree that cat should have made a 600 Firecat but I think they should have done F5, F6(both carbed), then F7 and maybe an F8. But if they make an F8 that pretty much will eliminate the ZR 900 which isn't a great idea looking from their marketing stand point.

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
I disagree with the thoughts of making an F6. Because of the power of the F5 and F7. The F5 has a claimed 104 hp and the F7 a 140. If they used the same 600 as last year(just an example I know that they would need to redesign it) the horsepower of the F5 is just too close to the 600's. The ZL 600 for this year has and estimated 110 hp. So unless they recreated the engine that pu out about 125hp it wouldn't be worth it in my opinion.

**The Horsepower estimates were taken right out of the AC Brochure**

Trees don't make the greatest brakes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts