Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

New to the forum and need some advice.

I've had my recoil starter rope break on my 93 XLT triple today. I want to remove the starter case cover but the bolts (Polaris part #3084134) dont seem to like a 12mm metric socket, which seems a little loose, or a 7/16 socket, which will not slip over the head of the bolt at all.

Is there anybody on the forum here thats had experience removing these bolts and know what size is needed? I don't think theres a size in between but I could be wrong!

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
9,980 Posts
It's a fuji motor, metric sizes, either 10mm, 11mm, or 12mm. Sorry, haven't taken one apart in a while as I refuse to work on them anymore.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
They will be metric as uopk said. There are Three bolds holding it on, 2 on the sides and one on the bottom, the chassis is in the way of the bottom one. When I pulled mine i had to loosen the motor mounts and raise the motor to get to it. Then after the 2nd time doing it I just didn't put the bottom bolt back in.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Don't put the bottom bolt on. Too much of a pain to access. I've left several of those out over the years with no problem.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the responses. Seems a 15/32 socket was a perfect fit. Such an odd size it was a wonder I even had one. Yes I found that the bottom bolt was a pain to get to. As littlemel said, I had to remove the motor mounts and lift the motor to get to it. Glad to see that I can leave that bolt out during reassembly without it harming anything though.

Totally unrelated to my previous question, my service manual says that theres a bleeder valve on the water pump. I've competed a coolant flush and need to bleed the system. Does it exist or is it in a totally different spot? The service manual is vague and doesn't cover this model exactly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts