Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the Polaris dealer today, got prices on the Pro X and Pro X2, prolly gonna be about 6 grand to boot with the trade in of the ol POS...ooops..PS...i dont got the 6 grand yet, but by the end of summer i will, sleds arent even in yet, he said prolly around August is when he will be gettin the 04's.....die hard AC fan maybe changing.....[:D]

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
only bout $400 more, bout the only difference is they got Walker Evans shocks all around and the different seat, otherwise same sled

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
With all the new chassis technology the other manufacturers are using I am frnkly suprised at Polaris' faithfull following. I guess Polaris is still just changing a few things in the engines. As long as they remain as reliable as mine I'll be a fan.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ive heard polaris has something big for 05 tho...prolly some stupid new chassis

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
To be honest with everyone. I don't much like the new sleds that are out. All the companies are trying to do is make a dirtbike/crotch rocket for snow. Those things are for summer. Keep building SNOWMOBILES!

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
yeh I hope polaris doesnt start making their sleds cheap, or make a new chassis that doesnt work..like the rev."no offence" I think they will come out with a new twin pretty soon "900+cc".. Anyways id get the X2 if u dont mind the seat....

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
stronger materials make up the drive shaft

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Lots of things are going hollow these days: in the automotive industry more and more vehicles are getting hollow cam shafts and hollow valve stems, or all aluminum suspensions, and even magnesium alloy firewalls on production cars. There is carbon fiber bycicle frames, titanium faced golf clubs, and stainless steel braided lines all of which is a result of the technology companies need to stay competitive and give the customers what they want.
You want a light weight snowmobile??....they respond with hollow drive shafts, aluminum suspension components, chromemolly trailing arms, plastic skis, light weight chassis', and more plastic parts than on a Saturn car door panel!
I'm not picking on anybody, nor am i a Ski-doo nut, but the REV chassis was designed to meet what people wanted. It's probably the strongest chassis available today as well as being light weight. Of course it's not for everybody, but that's why we have a choice. And with all the new engines and chassis' available from all the manufacturer's, its never been better. There's a machine to match any person.
All i'm saying is that the manufacturer's are doing an excellent job with new machines, however; they are also a business too, so they will continue to cut costs and make some parts cheaper, and some stronger by use of better materials. They've come along ways since the 70's, .....even the 80's!! LOL

As for Polaris, i was told by the polaris production manager at a 2004 model preview show that "there are no plans to build an engine larger than 800cc as of yet."

·
Registered
749 Posts
Hey AC GUY, what do you have for a sled? I'm the opposite, i ditching the ol' indy 500 for a 1995 arctic cat zr 700.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
got a 99 Powder Special 600 EFI LE

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Don't you think it is interesting that after only one year of production, Skidoo goes from the articulated REV rear suspension to the classic MXZ rear like all the other manufacturers? So now the have a wishbone front(just like AC) and a weight forward chassis with a standard track suspension. The only other brand of sled I have had a chance to ride is the Skidoo Rev. I liked it, except for the feeling it was going to tip over. But when I was just cruising down a long straight trail on my Poo I was feeling pretty good.

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
Hey ACG what size of X2 you thinking of getting??

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Registered
502 Posts
Originally posted by indyman423
[br]Hey AC GUY, what do you have for a sled? I'm the opposite, i ditching the ol' indy 500 for a 1995 arctic cat zr 700.
Not to burst your bubble, but the 95 zr 700 was not the best sled ac ever made. I think they refered to it as freddie kruger

1 - 20 of 22 Posts