Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what do the following acronyms stand for?

dpem

mpem

sdi

and what does powertek mean.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
sdi= semi direct injection.

And to be honest the others I don't know.

EDIT:

MPEM = Multi-Purpose Electronics Module

(got that off google)

But powertek would just be a name Skidoo put on one or more of one type of engine that they had I think?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanx one more question whats the difference between 2tec, 4tec, and etec engines?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i think that stands for what ur brain iq, like that, they just put that on the name of the sled because of how intelligent the tech is, otherwise i dont have a clue

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Intelligence Quotient in the scientific community, not sure if that is the same for Polaris or not.

4tec is a 4 stoke, 2tec is a 2 stroke.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
srx_600 said:
Intelligence Quotient in the scientific community, not sure if that is the same for Polaris or not.

4tec is a 4 stoke, 2tec is a 2 stroke.
thats what i thought but what does e-tec stand for?

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
M.I.L.F
Mom I'd like to ****

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
guys seriously lets stick to snowmobiles

·
Registered
863 Posts
srx_600 said:
sledneck1978 said:
M.I.L.F
Mom I'd like to ****
With a F.U.P.A.
hahaha funny stuff!
but seriously man, couldn't you have just done a search on google, i'm sure you would have found your answers.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i did but i searched a bunch of different and i couldnt get a straight answer on a few of them, so any help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
wow, haha

·
Registered
511 Posts
pro-x220x said:
thats what i thought but what does e-tec stand for?
E-TEC is the direct injection system being used on the 600 and 800 E-TEC motors.

SDI is semi-direct injection. Used mainly in the 600 SDI motors, but was also used in the 1000 SDI and 800 SDI.

DPM is Digital Performance Management - Adjusts fuel/air mixture to compensate for temperature and altitude changes
to maximize engine performance. It also improves fuel efficiency.

DESS - Anti-theft device.

PowerTek is the series of 800 motor used from 2005 onward. It was the 800 PTek (PowerTek) from 2005 to 2007, and the 800R PTek from 2008 onwards (2007 in Summit models).

MPEM is the computer module that controls the sled.

RAVE - Rotax Adjustable Variable Exhaust.

RER - Rotax Electronic Reverse.

2Tek - 2 stroke.

4Tek - 4 stroke.

If you look on Ski Doo's site you should be able to find most, if not all, of these terms and any you are looking for. Lots of info in the "Previous Models" section...

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
IQ has no meaning (for sleds), just a name. like edge, Pro-X, mxz....

etec is more than an injection system.

·
Registered
250 Posts
http://www.ski-doo.com/en-US/Technologies/EngineTech.htm Heres ur ETECH answer, not sure what skidoo site blec researched for his answer lol

·
Registered
511 Posts
Did you read the info on the Ski Doo site? (yes, the official one). ETEC is the direct injection system used to deliver the proper amounts of oil and gas to the engine (as instructed by the sled's computer). It's as simple as that. It may use a different ignition system/whatever, but that's because it's a different setup than a carbed or SDI 2 stroke.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts