Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought a edge 800, and the previous owner was about 260lbs, i am 190lbs. any ideas where i should start at with loosening the rear suspension?

·
Registered
577 Posts
Rear torsion Spring Blocks. Turn them to the lowest setting.(short side) Check the front track shock, that too should be loosened up.

·
Premium Member
15,513 Posts
Did the past owner have it set up for his weight correctly? Maybe you will have to do nothing.

If he did have it set up for his weight. My first guess would be to check the adjustment on the rear shock with that metal adjustment plate (if it has one). Then to do the block thing as stated by barkmulcher above.

triplepower- Posts like that aren't appreciated by the poster nor the reader. So keep them to yourself. SF doesn't encourage brand bashing.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the replys. i just got done with set the blocks to the lowest setting. i figured i'd loosen the spring slightly and go from there

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Check the sag in the suspension when you get on it with full gear. Should be acouple inches at most. If less then too stiff. Might need lighter torsion springs. Less preload on center shock will increase steering effort on skis. Need some preload but maybe you can get away with less. Most likely mod the previous owner would have done is upgrading the torsion springs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts