Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at a used 98 ZR600 (carbuerated)at my local dealer.I would like some input regarding that particular model sled.Things like good points and bad points,what to look for(or look out for)Have there been recurring problems I should know about?

The dealer said that it had the drive clutch replaced(updated)and that it was actually a 97&1/2.He told me that they actually made slightly better power than the 98's.Sounds like bull to me,but the thing is in really nice shape(no broken stuff anywhere).It does have 5000 miles on it though.

Anyway, thanks a bunch for anything anyone has to say about it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
hey its a cat, it gotta be horrible hahah just kidding uhh i heard they r a pretty fun sled, nimble, but i dont kno thats just what i have heard.

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
A friend of mine has a '99 EFI model.. I dunno NE thing much about cats, but I assume they probably have similar motors. All I can say is his is pretty sweet but his engine burned down after 4500 miles. I couldn't tell ya why, we were just cruisin along at about 60 mph and he all of a sudden stopped. We never could figure out why, he's put on about 2000 miles since we replaced the pistons and it still delivers great power. Plus it handles great.

That's about all of my experience on a ZR 600. That was EFI and a '99 mind you. Now that I think of it, it may have been '98. I dunno... I can't remember.

Ride the Best!

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
sounds like a nice sled....umm....point of emphasis to look for are the tracks...look for cracks in it an low traction....and look for basic stuff like hyfax.....but yah...they are nice comfortable ridin sleds that are powerful....id be careful with all those miles tho......

1 - 4 of 4 Posts