Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi

I am looking at a 2000 Arctic-cat Thundercat 1000. The sled is stock with no scrapes or dents. 1400 miles. WHat would be a good price, and a great price. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
I checked on kelly blue book web site, it says $3,730 for trade in meaning thats what u would expect on average by dealer prices, now if u were buying one from dealers, private sales, etc it would be $5,410 so its somewhere in between $3,730 to $5,410 so I would go for around 5k. hope this helps for ya! welcome to the forum as well!

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the help guys. Let it snow.

·
Registered
614 Posts
You had better check on insurance before you buy a big sled like a thundercat, here in ontario the companies won't insure them.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Insurance on my 2000 T-cat is only $24 a month. Thats for a 10K replacement value and 300K in property damage.
I wouldn't sell mine for less than 5k but then I've spent 2k on it in the last 6 months. Depending on your riding style it is a great sled. immense potential if you like tinkering with things.
I know that my local dealer just sold a brand new 2001 for around 5K so I wouldn't go any higher than that depending on what aftermarket goodies have been added.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i am not going to bother with insurance anyway, so it don't matter how much it is.

·
Registered
119 Posts
No Insurance?
In Canada?
Stay off our trails.
The STOP program in Ontario loves guys with no insurance.
So does the 'government' (and I use that term loosely). Max Fine in Ontario. $5000. And (the best part) a license suspension, the length of which is at the discretion of the Judge.
You don't get a 'ticket', you get a summons to appear in criminal court, this is not a highway traffic act offence.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I live int he the B.C. rockies, insurance is optional and there is no licence program, so there is no licence to suspend. We do not have the trails systems that you do, our trails only go for a couple of Km's to get to the open alpine. But I will look at the cost of insurance and then decide.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hope that T-Cat has a big paw print living in the Rockies don't you guys get like 30ft plus of snow or something like that??

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
in the alpine we get lots and on the forestry roads, which we use to get the the alpine, there is usually 7- 12 feet. And i just bought the sled for 3650USD. sweet deal

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just a little update guys, I pick up the sled this sunday. Woo Hoo A big step up from my 94 arctic cat 580

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Congrats!!! That is a huge step up... Keep the rubber side down.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Originally posted by Speedplow
[br]I live int he the B.C. rockies, insurance is optional and there is no licence program, so there is no licence to suspend. We do not have the trails systems that you do, our trails only go for a couple of Km's to get to the open alpine. But I will look at the cost of insurance and then decide.
Your saying that you do not need PL/PD insurance in BC?

·
Registered
119 Posts
No insurance at all? That sounds questionable.
Even if we didn't have a trail system, we still need insurance for motor-vehicles (ie sleds, atvs, tractors, etc) that are used off private property.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
you don't have to have a licence, or insurance, but there is a regestration program with sticker ID numbers for the side of your sled.

·
Registered
98 Posts
that sounds alot like what we have waaaaaay over here in NH, but if you dont have a driving liscence (under 16) you have to attend a safety course yo ride on your own, if your 16+ you must have a valid ( not suspended) drivers liscence.. if you are caught doin something stupid, then they can suspend your drivers liscence. all we need is to be member of a club, and have a registration sticker

·
Registered
102 Posts
Congrats! Hope you'll post a pic for us.I'm sure its going to be a great sled. I think the price was a good deal too.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts