Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im just wondering where i can get after market parts for my 2001 rmk 800 i wanna make it more fun

i love the power of it already im putting a full psi twin pipe system on it for 100 cash

im just wondering what other parts are out there i could put on it or where to find a specific place that sells parts for this sled

sorry for any speelling not spelt right thanks for the help every one

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
If you are looking for a store/website called "2001 RMK 800 Parts" good luck finding it.
There have been MANY threads on this forum involving somebody asking "what mods can I put on the sled?"
Use the search toolbar at the bottom of the Polaris Forum page.
BTW, a 51 tooth bottom gear is massive, it wouldn't even fit in the chaincase.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it was dropped and rolled its not the stock case

like this sled when u punch it at any time the skies come of the ground what i dont like is it is way to quite my buddies 600 rmk stock is louder then my 800

also i was just looking and i cant seem to find any thing people are just asking if its a good sled to buy and what not i cant find any thing for modding it or a website that would have after market parts for the 2001 rmk 800

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Pipes, reeds, clutching....maybe SLP heads...ride it. Too much crap turns into a headache....believe me.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
will im piping it and it already stands straight up and down when u punch it so would i really need to do clutching also what would the slp heads give me just wondering on that

i know reeds give it more throttle response

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
wildcat-700 said:
also i was just looking and i cant seem to find any thing people are just asking if its a good sled to buy and what not [highlight=yellow]i cant find any thing for modding it or a website that would have after market parts for the 2001 rmk 800 [/highlight=yellow]
like I already said, good luck finding a store/website with parts and ideas that are specific to your sled. When it comes to modding a sled, it's all the same basic stuff regardless of sled or manufacturer-- clutching, pipes/can, vforce, studs, big bore kit, high compression heads, blah blah blah.

And if your sled is "too quiet" just wait until you get the PSI pipes on that you say you can get

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok ill tell u how loud the sled is after i pipe it but do u guys know a good web sit to sure on for the heads and what not

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
Carls Cycle in Idaho i believe.

·
Registered
586 Posts
shade tree powersports
dennis kirk
Starting line performance
ebay

.....go

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
wildcat-700 said:
is there any ones in canada
Royal Distributing may have a few goodies.

·
Registered
244 Posts
www.recreationsupply.ca it honestly has the best customer service i have ever had with a aftermarket parts company. It also has insanely fast shipping.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
startinglineproducts.com

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ok so i bought a twin set of split second performance pipes with stingers

whats every ones opion on this set of pipes

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Have fun jetting with twin pipes on it. I've seen more than one sled burn down because of twins and jetting, I'm victim to it myself...

Hit snowest and go to the classifieds, there are a lot of aftermarket parts for sale for this sled. You should also be able to find some aftermarket parts that have come from 800xc sleds. Use some common sense and search.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
the twin pipes work awsome on my sled and its louder then an xlt tripple piped it also gave me some different power the sled left up so easy now like the skies hardly touch every now

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
im wondering what else i can do to this sled to lighten it up it has a light weight boss seat a set of twin pipes and stingers and the air box is guttd and has the slp air foam and what not in the air box light weight skies

what else can i do to make it lighter

1 - 20 of 25 Posts