Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now Ive searched threw manys discussions and i know this has been covered many times but i have seen no clear answers.Is gutting my air box worth it or am i just looking for trouble.I gutted it yesterday and went up a jet size....didnt notice a whole lot, just wondering if its safe. Thanks any opinions are appreciated.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Scroll down to the middle of the page and read the sections titled Airbox Temperatures, Pipe Temp & Airbox Pumping.
Actually, the whole page is a very good read from start to finish.
http://pages.cthome.net/barts/Tech%20Tips.htm#TPS

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow! thats alot of good information. But im still not sure if the air box stuff applies to my sled, its the old style air box without the horns, its just a foam deal on top of the plate? thanks again

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
great thread!!!!

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
rocket, I know of the type of airbox you're speaking of. Personally I would leave the airbox alone because I feel like the things inside it are there for a reason. Definitely keep the circular foam on the top of the airbox, this keeps debris like belt dust from getting sucked into the motor.

It's been a while since I looked at that webpage, and was a refreshing read. Lots of tips on motor/suspension tuning and deep insight on how certain things work

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thats what i was thinkin too, it didnt really seem to do very much maybe a little more snappy.But i would rather have reliable, its a little boggy on low end and seems to lose power threw out the day and i cant figure it out. Dont know if any of u guys have heard of this, just want it to be good to go cuz im goin to michigan thursday!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts