Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking replacing my airbox on my 900 switchback with a timbersled air filter kit would be a good idea. Better airflow around the clutches. A friend of mine thinks it is a bad idea - he said you need to remap the fuel system and sucking in hot air from the engine compartment will hinder performance. What are the pros/cons of going with a filter instead of an airbox? Thanks.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Great idea. The guy I bought my pro x from did it. He said he lowered under hood temps, lost weight and performs well.

Go to www.hardcoresledder.com and look uo polaris9500.

·
Registered
396 Posts
i was thinking of doing that as well. however, my airbox and oil container are joined together. that is def. a problem. i have also heard of the hot air problem as well. is ur oil container and airbox the same in your iq?

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
i hv air filters on my xlt bought them each for $20 brand new

[attachment=52856]
[galleryattach=12055]

Attachments

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by V-ForceRacer
[br]i was thinking of doing that as well. however, my airbox and oil container are joined together. that is def. a problem. i have also heard of the hot air problem as well. is ur oil container and airbox the same in your iq?
The airbox on my sled is removable and covers the clutches - it is separate from the oil container. You need to take it out the airbox to change the belt. The kit I was looking at looks simple enough - I hope I can install it myslef.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts