Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Smack them out as best you can, and then wash them throughly with soapy water. Then they have to dry. I use paper towels for drying those kinds of filters, then let them dry the rest of the way.

·
Registered
761 Posts
I wouldnt be 1 bit suprized if those filters fall apart when you clean them....

Cant believe they would cost all that much to replace...

[thumb]

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There enough that's why I wanted to see if I can clean them instead of buying new ones they cost a pretty penny.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Use water with maybe some detergent to get the water soaked in better, be careful, those filters aren't the most durable, pat dry then let them air dry over a vent in your house or something.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Make sure to use warm water, and maybe HOT water, and let them soak. Maybe then they will me more plyable and less likely to crack-tear during the washing process.

·
Registered
463 Posts
use dawn dish soap and hot water, hand wash gently, and i usually dry clamp on filters on my boot dryer!

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Dump them in the trash and replace with an airbox...

Get the power back that you're losing by using them.

·
Registered
258 Posts
X2 all the way.

Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:
Dump them in the trash and replace with an airbox...

Get the power back that you're losing by using them.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
snowmobileguy said:
Am I really losing that much power?
An airbox pulls cold air from the outside of the sled because it's more dense than the hot air under the hood.

After you get that engine good and hot and all that heat is trapped under the hood, you can lose almost as much HP as those pipes add simply because of the air density.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts