Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im thinkin of puttin three single uni filters or k&n filters on my rxl and im gunna take out the air box and stuff.. i was wondering do i have to do some sort of adjustment on the sled.. like for the feul injesction becasue i knoe u should re- jet a carburated sled if ur gunna do it..j/w if i have to do anything so it dosent lean out too much, or does the computer do all that on its own? tnx

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
It should compensate on it's own but why would you want the engine to breath on warm/hot under hood air?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i could some how get a cold air induction.. like out.. srtit from out sure.. ive jsut heard the single filters breath alto better than a sock air box

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
They do breath better but it would run better with cool air versus warm dirty air.

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
Originally posted by xcr440
[br]It should compensate on it's own but why would you want the engine to breath on warm/hot under hood air?
Sorry, the computer will not compensate, plus you lose a sensor in the process. The RXL's don't have a mass air flow sensor to make that adjustment. Also your air temp sensor will lose it's purpose because it measures the temperature directly entering the intake and can be a lower temperature than the under the hood temps, which will lean you out and burn you down.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts