Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all ,just hooked up a airbox floatbowl vent kit in my 96 xlt600....instructions say to increase main jet 4 sizes....got the jets...how do i get em in there? never had a mikuni carb apart before...[?]

·
Registered
328 Posts
Well if it is like most mikuni around that time all you have to do is take of the drain bolt(underneath carb) take carb off first though. and the main jet should be right there. Pretty easy.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Yup, just take the four screws that hold the bowl onto the carb out, take the bowl off, and the main jet is the one right in the center. Simply unscrew it and put the new jet in.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
actually tfin my friend.....all i had to do was un scrrew the water traps and access them from there...bowl removal was not neccesary....and after all that work i have decided to go back to stock system....the airbox vent kit did not perfom as i expected....oh well ran better before.....i think i lost some hp with the kit.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Either, or......[:D] That airbox vent kit......was that those TPI valves (total perfomance intake) from ThunderProducts?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
its called a carb talk kit....from thunder products....highly not rccomended!!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts