Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well with the lack of snow, im starting to get into making the sleds look good, and had a few questions, i've got a little air brush kit, and was going to try it out, but i dont have a clue of what type of paint to use in it, any info on airbrushing at all would be great, and about hte powder coating, can i still airbrush on top of the powder coating?, and are carb bodies coatable?, any parts on a sled that cant be powder coated?, any info would be great, thanks!

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Not sure on the airbrushing paint. Yes you could airbrush over powder coating. You can powder coat any piece of metal but must have it sandblasted first. I just had my complete suspension blasted and powder coated, turned out pretty good.

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
Originally posted by GotMud
[br]Not sure on the airbrushing paint. Yes you could airbrush over powder coating. You can powder coat any piece of metal but must have it sandblasted first. I just had my complete suspension blasted and powder coated, turned out pretty good.
How much did that run you Got Mud? I'm considering having my front and rear done next year.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
yes carbs can be powder coated.
[attachment=52555]
[attachment=52556]
[attachment=52559]

Attachments

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what brand of powder is that on the carbs, and whats the color called?, i like that

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Any metal the can withstand 400 degrees can be powdercoated.
Here is what I have been playing with the last couple of weeks.

Just finished these up tonight.
M-10 tourque arms and springs. Edge front control arms and steering rods.

[attachment=52651]

01 RMK skid parts.
[attachment=51167]

Front springs and hood screens on my 06 Rage.
[attachment=50715]

Rear bumper on my 06 Rage.

[attachment=50644]

Belt gaurd on my 06 Rage

[attachment=50712]

Hood screens on a 05 Rage.
.[attachment=52656]

Madcow, Buy the P.C. stripper. Very spendy but works awesome for P.C.ed parts.

It had better snow soon otherwise I will be tearing my sled apart to P.C. some more!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
I hear ya there. I am temping to pull my rear skid to paint it. no snow. might as well do something.
its eastwood brand paint. chrome is the carbs.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Originally posted by Triple650Indy
[br]
Originally posted by GotMud
[br]Not sure on the airbrushing paint. Yes you could airbrush over powder coating. You can powder coat any piece of metal but must have it sandblasted first. I just had my complete suspension blasted and powder coated, turned out pretty good.
How much did that run you Got Mud? I'm considering having my front and rear done next year.
$150.00 to have EVERYTHING powdercoated red except the rails.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sleds look awesome, cant wait to get a machine and start messing with it

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hey hceck out www.caswellplating.com , they've got alot more colors and better prices than eastwood

1 - 10 of 10 Posts