Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well here are some shots my wife took of Kugluktuk (the town I live in) Nunavut Canada and the serounding area. It is in the Canadian Arctic. This is just a little bit of how it is to live up here.
[attachment=50201][attachment=50202]
[attachment=50203][attachment=50233]

Attachments

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Good looking pictures!!

That landscape would be fun to screw around on.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
so like what do you do for a living? why do people live there i guess?

·
Registered
541 Posts
G-man, that is remote!!!! LOL I'm 45 klicks from the Atlantic and people say i live in the boonies![;)]

Are the Northern Lights really as brilliant as they say?
The four hours of daylight gotta get on the nerves tough...

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
yes the northern lights as brilliant as they say even in saskaatchewan we get them regularly they are definantly a sight to see but that up there is baren and what do u do for a living i mean wow unless you drove away from town or soemthing for those?

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you for the comments. Just a thought, why would you think I don't have access to anything TYNAN19? I am a High school counselor here, I am also the grade 10 and 11 shop teacher, I work for the Government of Nunavut. These shots were taken from a plane. Air travel is the only way to get out of town to go any great distance. We get all of our food and supplies from the air, and we get freighters in the summer bringing dry goods, and fuel for the winter. We get a gas price at the beginning of the year and it stays that way until the next freighter in the summer. Just to let you know I have satellite TV the Internet and every amenity everyone else has in the world. The only thing we don't have is a road out of here. I think this is the greatest place in the world to live. It is winter 8 to 9 months out of the year, I drive my sled to work every day. I can get my stuff ready and go camping and hunting as many times as I want. And the best part is I work in a school so I get the summers off, PAID! So both me and the wife are doing very well. If any of you ever want to check out something you have never seen before come to Nunavut and you will be shown the time of your life.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts