Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to buy and blue and almond clutch spring for my 01 xcsp 600. where can i buy one from cause i can't find them anywhere?! please post a link if u know ...
also .. i wanted to get this because i am getting some 10-60's to put in it ... my sled is basically stock mod wise besides the boost bottle which i doubt does anything ... but it does have a 1 1/2 inch lug track on it ... do u think 10-60's with that spring would be a good choice or what spring would u recommend? ... thanx!!

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Iam running a spring like that but not a Polaris one, and 62 weights, the part number for the Polaris blue almond spring is 7041922, thats outa my manual for the 02 prox 440/600. i can give you part numbers for weights if you want too.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i can get 10-60's out of an 02 pro-x 600 .. these should work right?!

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Yeah they would work, those arnt stock weights in that sled stock is 10-58's. what you run for top rpm?

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have no idea ... didnt really pay attention i guess .,.. i was told they did have 58's in them but 60's with that spring would make a difference

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Run the almond/blue or find a EPI yellow. Then use the 10-60's.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Originally posted by xcr440
[br]Run the almond/blue or find a EPI yellow. Then use the 10-60's.
Then i gues iam running a epi spring, iam running 62's and pulling 8000 rpm so iam happy.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
That's what my brother is using, in pow it runs 500 low but on pack it runs 8000 and flies.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
alright ... thanks guys .. it doesnt matter that those weights are out of a 02 pro-x 600 right? they will still fit in my clutch?

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
They will fit, 10-60's are 10-60's.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
okay good ... just wanted to make sure it was the same clutch ... i'm stupid when it comes to that ... well that and a lot of other stuff ... i wouldnt be on here so much if i wasn't lol

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Yes it does but alot of people want the low end snap and don't care if the engine is wound tight at 8200.....

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Xcr has it, it acutlly revs a little above 8000 but i could care less about topend ethier way and with a 1.5 track that brnr17 has on his 600 he wont have a fast top end sled ethier.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Ive actually got 10-62s in my sled, not 10-60s.
You want heavier weights than stock with an almond/blue spring because you need the heavier weight to bring the engagement rpm down.
If you want more topend, put in 10-60s but if you want more grunt off the line put in 10-62s.
I tried both weights in my sled and I like the 10-62s better because it makes the sled pull harder off the line and out of the corners. I dont ride on the lake much, so I could really care less about top speed.
You should be able to order an almond/blue spring from any Polaris dealer. If not, just order an EPI yellow because its very similar to an almond/blue.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts