Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While out yesterday in one of the large fields we finally had the chance to get into some throttle.More or less a straight away with a slight bend to the right. The trail is huge, very wide, like a highway wide. Just to put in in perspective. I came around to the right and low an behold there is a black and red Fusion coming right at me. Scared the be-jezus out of me. He had the whole field and the actual trail itself and he was on my side of the trail. Well we avoided the catastrophe, but it was my first "Almost crashed" story of the year.

We were honkin along the gas line, I was following for once and I see my friend in front of me (about 30 feet or so) dis-appear then re-appear and it wasn't pretty. That means only one thing for our area. Huge dip. Well there it came, before I could slow down I hit it hard. Hard enough that I thought I broke my wrists. It was one of those small streams running out of the forest that never freeze. It only showed about 4 inches wide and not more then a few inches deep, but the trail never packs over it. So we both pulled over in the same spot and went over ourselves and the front ends, everything was good.

Back on the trail and off! No issues except sore wrists. I can live with that.

Side note, I smacked the front of my helmet off my mountain strap. I added it this year for when I take my daughter for a ride. I turn it up into proper position when she is not with me so my chest won't hit it and then pull it down when she ride. Yes Suzie / Matt, I need a Tek Vest!

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sparky, we are getting hammered right now. I may try and throw together a last minute group ride for this week end.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts