Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[navy]Finally on the home stretch to finishing the car of my dreams. Completion is about 40 man hours away. I can wait for the snow to fly, but not too long!!![:D][:D][:D][/navy][/size=3][/font=Comic Sans MS]

/snofan/../images/users/kimba466/Paint5.jpg

/snofan/../images/users/kimba466/Paint3.jpg

[navy]You Like???[/navy][/size=3][/font=Comic Sans MS]

·
Registered
187 Posts
Very, Very Kewl,.. I loved mine when I had it,.. wish I still did,.. here's a pic of mine.

built on a 68 Chevelle frame,.. 427 Chev powered

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
kimba466, is that an original or a clone? If not arent those worth like 500,000 original?

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
That is a awsome car kimba,my dad and bro are tring to find a cheap kit car, its not every day that you see a cobra driving around..[;)]

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Last summer at the local "Airport Drags" there was a Shelby clone there. Had something like a 454 in there. He was doing some insane burnouts and turning some fast times with that...

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
[navy]Hey, thanks for the replies!![:D]. . . I'll give ya a full rundown on this car: It's a West Coast Cobra Kit built in Canada (Amherstburg). Sometimes called a clone, assembled, commemorative or tribute car. These are the specs: Ford 466 cu. in. thus Kimba466, Holley 750, Ford Motorsport roller rockers, Ford Toploader 4 speed tranny and Ford 9 inch rear end with 3.73 gear. It's got 11 inch discs all around with P265-15 in front and P295-15 in the back. It's a blast to drive (pun intended!) The kit cost $21,900 US complete. The only things not included are: Engine, trans, drive shaft, wheels, tires and a paint job. If you have any other questions, just put em here.
Thanks again for your interest.[/navy][/size=2][/font=Comic Sans MS]

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Anchorman,
Who was the manufacturer of your Cobra? It looks like a Contemporary or a Shell Valley. Was the full
roll bar your own modification? The full roll bar is one of West Coast's trademarks.

RMK-KING,
if you need/want more info on this kit, send email.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I actually dont know who's kit it was when we bought it,... it was one of those "sitting in a barn full of bird-shit" kinda stories that everyone has heard 1,000 times,.. was blue & white when we picked it up,.. less motor & tranny. I thought the full roll-bar was sitting waaaay too high & looked geeky, so we fabbed it down lower and re-welded. car was an absolute mess when i brought it home,.. mice had made it home for years,.. only useable thing on the car was the body/ frame and some suspension,... Even when I ordered a windshield from west coast it didn't fit properly and had to be cut down by the local glass shop. But 2500 lbs of big-block was a great ride,... even if i just boiled the tires,... it never hooked up well at all.... just too squirrely,.. hehehe

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by 650Indy
[br]Sweet...!!!!!

I would like to see the big bad blue 466 under the hood.. Got any pics..?
[navy]Yup, here's the eng. compartment. . .this was before the car was painted. I haven't had it dynoed but should be pretty close to 425 hp.[/navy][/size=3][/font=Comic Sans MS]

/snofan/../images/users/kimba466/KLCobra1.jpg

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
[navy]Almost ready to role[/navy][/size=3][/font=Comic Sans MS]

/snofan/../images/users/kimba466/Fin1post.jpg

1 - 14 of 14 Posts