Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it started out like this:

It was like this because at the end of last season I scored a piston and cylinder. Instead of just working on it in the sled I pulled the motor and tore it completely down (split the cases too) for inspection and fixing. I had the motor in the basement all summer so it was easy to work on.

Then I dropped in the motor:

Then I hooked up the pipes/electrical/coolant/etc:

And now it runs again!:

I still have a short checklist of stuff I have to do to it to get it ready. Mainly take off chaincase cover and inspect there and change the oil. Also need to fix my snoflap and rebuild all my shocks.

MMM that was the first running of my sled since april. Smells good :) Hopefully if all goes well I'll be dropping in a 600 or 660 this same time next year!

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
looks good ripperd, there's nothing like getting to hear and smell a sled live again. [:D]

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
If your looking at a 600 defiently then go with the 660. The 660 just pulls so damn hard down low and through the mid and top end will take most 700's and in that chasis I would say take all 700's.

·
Registered
721 Posts
nice to see ppl inspecting things and taking care of there nice machines , good job ripperd

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
sweet looking sled

1 - 9 of 9 Posts