Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since last season I've installed extra 10 rear skid with extention & 136" ripsaw, Aggresive seat, repainted, powder coated front and rear susp. I managed to get it out during our last snowfall and did pretty damn good. I've gotta pull the rear skid out and maybe drop the rear skid mount alittle. Still need to swap over the electric fuel gauge pickup. Trying to decide what windshield I want still. What do ya think?
[attachment=51990]
[attachment=51991]
[attachment=51992]

Attachments

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Alright, sorry to hijack the thread, but Holy Crap. Does that have the xtra 12 in the front and the rear skid is xtra 10? I'm doing practically the same exact thing, but mine isn't totally together yet. Please let me know how it sits. I think I have my rear skid mounted lower than yours, so my rear should be about two inches or so higher than yours from what I can see. I'm afraid it's going to look retarted with the rear lower than the front of the sled

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
that looks sweet. Is that the 650 engine still?

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep still the 650 efi engine, unmodded for a few more months. artiksno340, yes I kept extra 12 front. I mounted the extra 10 skid 5 1/4" down in front and 6" down in rear. Other than that I went by the thread for installing extra 10. I like the ride alot better than the extra 12 pig but didn't get to hit any jumps to see how it felt. I'm going to make a couple drop brackets and lower the rear of the skid alittle more. I drilled lower holes for the front incase I end up wanting to drop it more too.

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
Damn I want those plastic skis off there![;)]

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Originally posted by GotMud
[br]Yep still the 650 efi engine, unmodded for a few more months. artiksno340, yes I kept extra 12 front. I mounted the extra 10 skid 5 1/4" down in front and 6" down in rear. Other than that I went by the thread for installing extra 10. I like the ride alot better than the extra 12 pig but didn't get to hit any jumps to see how it felt. I'm going to make a couple drop brackets and lower the rear of the skid alittle more. I drilled lower holes for the front incase I end up wanting to drop it more too.
Good plan. I don't know the exact measurements because I'm at school, but I put the front hole just barely above the running board. I have drop brackets for the back and they are maybe 1-2" below the running board/bottom of the tunnel. They are the recommended distances back from the jackshaft and apart. I'm not sure if this is even going to be enough for my liking.

When you are sitting on it, is the front end sitting considerably higher?

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No it appears to be pretty level. May be a little taller in front but not by much. I had a problem with pulling the skis off the ground when I test rode it. I'm hoping that lowering the rear mount will give me just enough to keep em down.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
I'm glad someone else did this so I'm not the only one. Should be able to fix that with some adjustments. I'm thinking I might drop the rear hole even more for deep snow. I can't wait to finally get home Saturday to start finishing this up. I'm sick of this college crap and no sled close by [}:)]

I haven't had the track on yet. I just mounted the skid to make sure the holes would be ok and put a 2x4 under the skid to simulate around the right height.

I'm not too concerned about the holes being the same distances from the top of the tunnel. I don't really think it will hurt that much to have the rear one 2 inches or so lower. People keep telling me, they need to be the same blah blah blah. I think I can adjust it enough to work fine.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They don't necessarily have to be the same but can't be too far off either. Mounting the rear too low will put too much pressure on the skis, and vise versa.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts