Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last weekend my buddy and I were sledding up in near Grand Beach in Manitoba Canada. There had been some reports of thin ice but we had flew over the lagoon many times with no problems. We decided to head towards Pine Falls which first you cross through a trail in this marsh area. We figured we just woulnd't stop and should be fine. About halfway down the trail we came to a roadblock of trees and bush. I got off my sled for 30 seconds next thing I know the track is underwater. Before we tried pulling it out I snapped some pics, the sled actually had the entire seat underwater before we managed to get it out. We weren't able to pull it up the hill but I started it up, gave it some gas and the track managed to hook on some branches or something below to get it up. I checked the depth of the water when the track went in and it was a good 4feet deep to my surprise. So it was a very close call I thought for sure the XLT was done for, would have been very hard to pull the sled out backwards. (sorry for the last pic being so large, im at work and cant edit it)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Phew looks like a close call! careful out there! and just remember, if you do start sinkin, hit that kill switch!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Close call right their. theirs a creek that cuts across the trail over here and usually its only like 3 inches deep. but this
year it was more like 3 feet! and my buddy went first and sank.... otherwise it would have been me

·
Registered
636 Posts
that is crazy, I've had a close call like that but the water wasnt much more then 1foot deep.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
that ant nothing i did sink mine in my 8 ft pond.
[galleryattach=13587]
[galleryattach=13590]

·
Registered
112 Posts
that just about happened to me today... i was goin across a river and the water started to spray up through the cracks and the ice broke just as i went over.

·
Registered
764 Posts
snapped some pictures before you tried getting it out... priorities

·
Registered
89 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
No kidding, I would have yanked it out first, then taken some pics, but that made the story more intersting, and some good pics. It is nice to be lucky.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Wow. That is lucky. How much snow is out in that area?

Raceman1

Oh yeah, your trail pass sticker is on the wrong side of your plate for Manitoba this year.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
haha yeah I know taking pics was a great idea, lol. I had the camera on me so I took a couple quick shots lol. It didnt feel like it was going all the way in right away.

There was 6in to a foot of snow in some places, they had most of the trails groomed but a lot of rocks and debris were sticking through, not the greatest riding to be had. Yes I am lucky, I think Ill be waiting for it to get a bit colder before going back through there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts