Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, after about 600 miles on the Powder Special I have now, i have decided i dont like it at all. even though these 600 miles were on minimal snow, its just not the sled i want. so i plan on keeping it and toughing it out this winter (at least i have a pretty decent sled to ride..hehe.....toughin it out). but next year i am goin brand spankin new, i want my next sled comin home w/ 0's across the odemeter. so far i have 4 choices:

1)a firecat, not sure if i would go for the F5 or F7, as AC was stupid and made no 600 performance machine in 2003, hopefully for 2003 they come w/ an F6 er sumptin, then i would consider that, but w/ the troubles i hav eheard about some of the firecats im kinda iffy

2)if it is possible to find a 2002 ZR 500 or 600 cross country edition that would be awsome. as far asi know, they dont ahve em any newer than that. this would be my alternative to a firecat, and a sled i very much want, but finding a brand new 2002 next fall is very unlikely

3) a Pro X 600 (dang u P-man), i have heard nothing good about this sled from various sources (dang u P-man), even tho i am (could be was) a hardcore AC fan all my life, i may have to change brands (dang u P-man)

4) the choice i am really lookin at now is a MX Z Adrenaline 600, its something a lil different than what i usually see around here and looks to be a good sound sled, although i dont hear much about the Doo's on the forum, so either noone has em or they just dont comment on em (good or bad reasons?)

all in all, iw ant a high performance sled instead of this big ol mountain thing i got now..... :S ....its just..id unno, just one of them things u dont like and u cant explain it, not for me, i know this got long, but had to get it all out cuz im kinda all antsy bout it all ready.....any comments on my choices...good bad?? these are my choices of the 2003 model year, i will probably be getting a 2004 and plan on keeping it for awhile

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
notice the SKI DOO on there bigwilly.......[;)]

one more thing...i kinda liked the AC EFI......but i might have to go away from that if i switch brands.....

·
Administrator
13,097 Posts
What? No Tundra? The black one looks pretty slick!

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
that will be my secondary sled as long as u get the Yamaha airstrip.....

·
Administrator
13,097 Posts
How could I resist!

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
we go cruisin for some hot blondes next winter pman!! on our Tundra and ur Yamaha VK 540 III er whatever its called......[:D]

·
Administrator
13,097 Posts
Don't forget, full factory race gear!

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm curious as to why you don't like the powder special at all. I have an opportunity to buy a used one at a pretty good price. [:)]

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
here in ND there isnt enough snow and hills, u look at my track,e very single one of the paddles on the otuside part of tracks is broken w/ a crack/tear in it, it is to big, i dont like the 136 inch track, makes machine feel big and awkward, i cant stud it, and i live right next to a lake and ride across it often, a factory 1 inch lug track will get me through just as much snow as this one i think, maybe not, but the little amount of snow we have been gettin has played a toll on my track

its jsut one of those things u know? u know its just not the thing for u, ic an feel it, but its hard to explain

·
Super Moderator
11,281 Posts
Well I rode a powder special once and I didnt care for the way it handled and rode compared to some of the other mtn sleds iv rode "just my opinion" but for around here you dont really need a mtn sled a short track with a 1.25/1.50 paddle is perfect and if you do go to the mtns you can still get around ok..I would personaly go with the proX because they say they are spose to be pretty decent sleds and mainly because its a polaris [:D]

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i never watn paddles again unless i LIVE int he mountains, a REV is kinda iffy for me, if i can get my hands on one and ride it around for awhile b4 puchrasing one to see if i like it er not , mybe, but i dont really care for em now, maintence wise they dont look real easy to work in and around the engine

1 - 13 of 13 Posts