Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
I myself recommend aluminum. Nylon ones tend to crack and break in half. I use Stud Boy aluminum backers and have had no probs. with them. Goodluck. Mark[8D]

·
Registered
8 Posts
i have nylon but iv only had them on for about two weeks and iv had no problems with them yet in my opinion is its cheaper to buy a few studs and nylon backers when they crack or break then it is to buy a new track if the studs rip out, with the nylon the backer will break before the track rips and the metal will just rip the track if theres to much stress, ur talking about the nylon backer and nut thats built in to one unit right

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
I have been using the nylon backers for 2 years with no problems and I know people that have been using them for 4 years with no breakage.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Round aluminum machined, not stamped.Three sleds , 12000 mles combined. one pull out. One bent backer. Fast trac II's

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Polaris600,

I was referring to either the nylon backers with or without the nut built into them.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I've had the square nylon backers for 4 seasons now. They're turned 45 degrees so they look like a diamond instead of square. No problems so far, although I do have a couple of bent pics, probably from riding in minimal conditions.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
I have the round Diamond head nylon backers by Snow Stuff. They're twice the thickness of any backer out there, and because of their head design, they also help with acceleration and braking. They work great, and I haven't had any problems with them. Much lighter than either steel or aluminum ones.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I have saber alum. backer that are bend at a 45 deg. love em and hold on

·
Registered
324 Posts
FOR the difference between aluminum and nylon you will save about 1 1/2 lbs. Iv'e neverused nylon but about half of my buddies run them and love them. I run the aluminum bent at 45 deg. Price wise they are about the same

1 - 13 of 13 Posts