Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use to run Bombardier XPS II in my sled but its 12.00 a jug here and its hard to find. Seems to always be sold out at or local stations or they dont keep much in stock.

When I had my bike I ran Amsoil Interceptor Race oil and now that I sold it I have a box left. I was going to just start running this and go from there.

One dealer jumped on me and told me the Interceptor was for pre-mix only and that I should run Dominator.

Any opinions on running Interceptor over Dominator over my XPS II

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Without a doubt, if you have exhaust valves, run the Interceptor. Otherwise Dominator will be fine. The dealer that gave you the info, needs to pull his head out of his hole.

·
Super Moderator
11,650 Posts
If you have power valves a guy should be running Interceptor, that seems to be a given. What about if you do not though...would Dominator or HP Injector be better? I was looking at the HP the other day, as I do not have PV's, and it's about $5 cheaper/gallon than my cat oil.

Don't mean to hijack...just want to get things cleared up since we're on topic of Amsoil.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
You can still run Interceptor even if you don't have power valves. The HP injector stuff is garbage. Smokes like crazy and has a more putrid smell than standard oil.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Are you sure you arn't mixed up. The dominator is the race oil and the interceptor is the exhaust valve formula.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I could be mixed up. I get them confused at times, I just know I have the race oil left over from my bike.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
The dominator is the race oil, and both Interceptor and Dominator are for use with exhaust valves.

Also I'm not completely sure on this but I have heard that the Dominator has less additives that make it suited better for short term use. Where the Interceptor is able to be stored longer.

Dominator_
(1) Not recommended for long-term use in outboard motors as a TC-W3 type oil, although excellent as a race oil for short term use where motors are periodically inspected.

(2) Excellent for racing or modified motors. Very good for recreational use.

Here is a pretty good chart of all the 2-stroke Amsoil Oils, and what they work best in.

http://www.syntheticwarehouse.com/Specsheets/synthetic_2_cycle_oil_selection.pdf

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
Yup, I think the dominator is missing some of the rust inhibitors. I would just use interceptor.

·
Registered
48 Posts
All i have ever used in my exhaust valve engines is amziol interceptor, doesnt carbon up my valve as bad as the polaris oil does and all my polaris buddys have always sworn by it and wont use anything else.....i dont use it in my noin valve engines just because of cost

1 - 10 of 10 Posts