1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
/snofan/../images/users/snopro879/DSC00152-1.JPG

/snofan/../images/users/snopro879/DSC00153-1.JPG

/snofan/../images/users/snopro879/DSC00154-1.JPG

this is the second time this piston has melted down, but we think we found out why...so hopefully this will be the last time for this![xx(]

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
damn that sucks...hey can you make it so your pics are on top of eachother instead of next to one another?if you dont im sure p-man will[:D]

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
got that fixed for ya, that sux, happened twice already?...what did u find out bout ti melting down?

·
Registered
975 Posts
How's the cylinder?

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
that seriously looks like a low oil, cold sieze, or maybe even a too tight bore job. Or it ate something.

-Dean

·
Registered
975 Posts
Possibly ate a ring

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Originally posted by ripperd2
[br]that seriously looks like a low oil, cold sieze, or maybe even a too tight bore job. Or it ate something.

-Dean
I agree with Ripperd2,thats not a meltdown,one of what he suggested it likely the problem.check it out,twise is twise to many times.good luck[:)]

·
Registered
506 Posts
looks like a cold seize to me, especially the way the clip circle there has a piece guaged out of it, looks like the other cylinder(s) tried to give that one a shove after it cold seized.

·
Registered
253 Posts
ohhhhhhhhh that hurts the cylinder must be trashed are you able to save it is it boreable or the great nickel plate . so what was the cause if you corrected the problem just curious

·
Registered
312 Posts
i'm not sure what sled this guys has , but i've seen this happens on SEVERAL SKI-DOO's that have the RAVE valve systems,,, if the Valves arn't placed properly , it will score the piston like that ,,,,,,,
Or a couple other times i've seen the rist pin go out in the piston scoring the walls like that.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
what we think is that there is a bad crank seal on the clutch side. Its leaning it out too much. what happend was that he gave it full throttle goin down a road, which superheated the motor, then he let off completly, which leaned it out even more cause it was getting less gas, then he took off again at about half throttle and then it seized. it was from a 2000 ZR sno pro.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ha i forgot to say that yes it did damage to the cylinder, thats why it is so much to repair.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
So if it's a SnoPro it's not oil injection. Was he off on the mix?

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
I dont know,that looks more like a cold type seizeure then a lean meltdown..I hope you get the problem cured..

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
2000 AC 440 race sleds may or may not have oil injection, i'm not sure. 99 were oil injected.

·
Registered
740 Posts
What is the point of bringing up this old topic? New discovery in the last year?

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Wow, nearly two years old[:eek:)] Sure hope is hasn't happened again since '03![;)]

1 - 19 of 19 Posts