Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't got my money from a member on here from selling a can to him. its been 3 months and he wont answer my phone calls or reply to my emails. Sorry Bckmstr but your taking way to long and have to warn other members. If anyone knows this member i need to get in touch with him.

James

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
You sent the item without payment? Sorry but even though we have a bunch of great honest people here, there are always a few rotten ones. As stated, keep trying and see what happens. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
keep trying. if any contact is made, tell him right off the bat small claims court will be in his future

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
whitexc said:
You sent the item without payment? Sorry but even though we have a bunch of great honest people here, there are always a few rotten ones. As stated, keep trying and see what happens. Good luck.
Well he said he really wanted it...and he promised me the money so i figured what the hell...i have his phone number but he doesn't answer...i live in ontario and he lives in MN

·
Registered
844 Posts
Be sure to include a link to this post in your next PM, or E-mail to him.
He is a member on more than one site, you should get a reply.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Last time he visited here was march 2nd.

·
Registered
910 Posts
too honest!! i really don't know who to blame him obviuosly for not following up on his word, or you for being crazy enough to send it without any money!! it sucks that people on here would screw another brother sledder, but shit happens, especially in this economy...good luck brother!!

·
Registered
108 Posts
tell him if you dont get the money, you are going to call judge judy!

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Personally, I think you would like "The People's Court" much better. I know I would!!

Hope you get your money!

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
James007 said:
whitexc said:
Well he said he really wanted it...and he promised me the money so i figured what the hell...i have his phone number but he doesn't answer...i live in ontario and [highlight=yellow]he lives in MN[/highlight=yellow]
What city? And what's his number? We'll bombard his phone for ya until he either pays, or has to switch his number.

I've said it before....PAYPAL!!

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I know i just should made him pay first, thanks for the feedback boys... i appreciate it...i will keep trying...

Oronoco MN or something like that

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have msged him on arcticchat, his email, pm on SF again and called his house at least a million times today. When i msged him on arcticchat, it showed him online

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Cant you send him a certified letter and all of that good stuff? May not help much but will help get the point across.

·
Registered
567 Posts
ya i agree with sledneck paypal no bs safe secure and easy sorry thats happened to ya though what a punk

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
srx_600 said:
Cant you send him a certified letter and all of that good stuff? May not help much but will help get the point across.
What do you mean a certified letter?

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
He means that you write him a letter, bring it to the post office, fill out a form that you have to pay extra for and for that the post office will make him sign for the letter. If he does not sign, your letter is returned. If you wanted, you could also pay a little bit extra and have the signed receipt returned to you. Then you have proof that your letter was received.

It is a great way to show to a judge that you did everything to try and contact him.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
picman said:
He means that you write him a letter, bring it to the post office, fill out a form that you have to pay extra for and for that the post office will make him sign for the letter. If he does not sign, your letter is returned. If you wanted, you could also pay a little bit extra and have the signed receipt returned to you. Then you have proof that your letter was received.

It is a great way to show to a judge that you did everything to try and contact him.
Alright, How would a judge deal with this situation if he lives in the US?

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
That's a tough one to answer. It would even be difficult here in the US if you were from one state and he was from another. We can sue in small claims court and if he did not show up for court, you would get a default judgement. Getting paid would still be another problem. I am guessing that he owes you a relatively small amount? I am talking from a legal point of view. I doubt he would be arested and made to show up in court (or pay) for what amounts to what we call a misdomeaner.

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
James007 said:
picman said:

Alright, How would a judge deal with this situation if he lives in the US?
Unfortunatly James, I think you're screwed unless he mans up and pays you.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts