Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My sled has been giving me fits all year. here is the latest problem. It idles at 4 grand and will only come down if you flip the choke so I know its a lean condition. But when i do the whole pin it across a field and kill it and check the plugs they are good. So its only lean at idle and possibly in the bottom end.

I guess my question is what tweeks could i do to remedy this problem. I am running short on patience with this thing.

Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
You can turn the idle down using the screw that is on the carbs.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats already completely off the lever arm that it pushes down so it shouldn't even be able to idle.

·
Registered
204 Posts
These sleds are notorious for this. Bigger pilot jets or try turning your idle mixture screws out a quarter of a turn. Make sure they are out the same number of turns from lightly seated. Were these carbs set up for a different elevation?

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What gets me the most is it ran fine last year. This summer i took the motor out and everything to do some detailing and I put it back in and it wont run. I am sure i did everything correctly to as I have had lots of these sleds apart with no problems.
I'm thinking its going to a dealer once I have the money for it. I'm sick of dealing with it and throwing money at it and not helping.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Try spraying some carb cleaner around the carb boots and crank seals to see if that changes the idle. If it does then that means you have a crank leak somewhere.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Got the same problem, no idle adjustment have sync'd the carbs many times idles at 3000RPM. adjusting pilot screws tonite see what happens.

·
Registered
489 Posts
fixed the problem
just sold the sled.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts