Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, another new guy here!
I'm a skier and climber from Idaho, looking to get into sleds as a way to get farther in the backcountry for climbing frozen waterfalls. (Sounds crazy right?)
Now, I'm convinced I'll be addicted to just riding snow machines in general.
I've been Looking to buy a cheap, but reliable and capable "entry sled" for use getting to ice climbs. I imagine 50/50 trail and off trail, but it's hard to say yet.
I'm pretty set on a 97/98 Polaris 700 twin, seems like it's a very reliable motor and there are lots of parts available, but not sure what sub model is best for my use, (xc,sks,rmk?) I worry I will lose trail ability with an rmk and deep track, and that a stock xc won't cut it in the deep. The sks seems like a logical compromise in between? (Maybe hard to find). Searching this forum has been extremely helpful, and I will continue to do so.
Any extra advice or opinions on polaris 700 twin model differences is appreciated.
Cheers!

FB_IMG_1584642111947.jpg

·
Registered
5 Posts
Personally I would go with an edge style rmk. They are before the rider up style so the rmk is still trailable and it will be awesome off the trail. Speaking from experience I would recommend going with a 700 over an 800. If you maintain it it will last you forever. Just my 2 cents. Good luck man and welcome to the forum.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts