Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
440 Indy Super Sport
Another person has been doing all the work.
Started last winter when I lost compression in one of the cylinders. One was 55, the other 100-110.
You can pull & pull, but it doesn't even sound like it is trying to turn over.
The engine was torn apart, new rings, new plugs (showing spark), carbs cleaned, new throttle cable.
With a bad gauge, one cyl. shows 80-90, other still at 100-110.
Put it back together & it just doesn't want to start.
After awhile, it turned over for about 30 secs. then died. Pull & pull after that, but nothing. Not even like it wants to spark.
Plugs are wet.
Attempted changing the timing a few times, but nothing.
Any ideas? Any questions? Ask away & I'll answer as best as I can.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Sounds like what's happening to my 97 XLT SP right now. I don't have any specific answers for you, but I can tell you what I'm going to have checked on mine. The crank. If the crank is spun (out of phase) it would act like the timing was off. The piston wouldn't be in the correct position when the plug fired. Now I don't know if this is your problem, hell I don't even know for sure if its my problem yet. But since our situations sound similar, I figured I throw it out there at ya. Best of luck!

·
Registered
506 Posts
make sure your carbs are synched.

try pouring a little gas in thru the spark plgu gap, turn the engine over a few times by hand to get it down into the transfer case, then give her a yank, see if she fires up then, if it does, it's your carbueration

1 - 3 of 3 Posts