Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all sorry I keep bouncing aroud with the sleds I want to get.

I found an 05 f7 for $1200 with a blown engine. The ad says coolant leaked into the engine. It has 2800 kilometers on it. I also found a rebuilt 03 f7 engine for $500. Should I go for them? Anything I should know about the sleds?

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
from what i have heard, the fire cat chassis is garbage. I dont know a thing about them except the put a weird size track on them and alot of people say they are junk chassis. someone correct me if im wrong.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
They are FAST, carve very easily but in deeper snow they trench alot. I would jump on those

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dragon700 said:
They are FAST, carve very easily but in deeper snow they trench alot. I would jump on those
That's what I was thinking because especially for around here it's CHEEAP. I didn't hear much bad about it can anyone else comfirm the chassis being crap?

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
The chassis weren't crap, they just aren't as strong as the z chassis the suceeded. Your body language has a lot to do with riding the sled, as they aren't as wide. Honestly, I have a friend with a sabercat 500(same chassis) with f shocks on it and has beat the crap out of it and it's not bent or tweaked out of shape. The other thing is the newer f5/6/7's had stronger chassis than the originals. Also if you don't mind me asking how much are you paying for the chassis with the blown engine?

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So carving would be nice and it could be thrown around easily? That's what I want. Would be a big improvement from the indy 650. No retrofitting would need to be done to fit the 03 engine into the 05 chassis? He's asking 1200 OBO. I think he'll take 1000

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
As long as the 7 engine comes with everything it should be good. Doesn't sound to bad of a price either.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
There wasent anything "wrong" with the chassis. people say It was just a bad design. maybe it was because it trenched... Idk I just posted what people have said to me. I think the firecats look sweet!

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
The only thing is the lack of rider forward in such a new sled, but since your used to an Indy, it's a great sled. You will eventually ( if not right away ), love how the handles, and rides. Set the suspension up for your weight and it'll be an awesome ride. I liked mine even though it had some major problems ( None though that were caused by the design of it ). Plus, the 05' came with a new seat I believe which lets you set up more higher, and a little more forward.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Okay, it's not rider foreward but the improvement will be nice. How do you change the suspension? I'm 6 foot 3 and 185 pounds

1 - 13 of 13 Posts