Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[:D] this mach z i got wow this stud pattern thats on here is obviously homeade design lol. what im wondering is there is 96 studs on the outside and another 96 in the center. well kind of in the center. what i am planning on doin is 144 down the center middle and then another 48 on the outside instaed of the 96. is my track gonna be ok with the extra holes in the outside or should i just go with the same pattern thats on there.i would like only 48 outside tho. any help is appreciated thanx.

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Well, I personally haven't ever run any studs in my sled, but I know that in Pman's XCR 440 when he got it, it was drilled for 144 studs, but he only put 96 in the middle. The extra holes along the outside didn't seem to bother the track any.

I would say if you only want to put 48 on the outside, then skip every other hole when you are studding it. I do believe that there are studding patterns on Woody's website that would give you the general idea of what I am talking about...

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes i got the studs patterns here. thats what i was thinkin too every other hole. i was just wondering about the extra holes but like u said it should be ok i think. thanx bigwilly[:)]

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
if you have any studs on the outside rows on that sled you might as well run all 96, the problem will come is when you dont have enough studs and the stud will catch and tear out,

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
144 in the middle and 48 outside isnt enough u dont think. thats 192 total. i know this sleds got big hp so maybe your right its got dyno port pipes and dyno port silencers. hp is around 160-170 most stud patterns i am looking at tho only have 48 outside and 144 down the center.for the 192 patterns anyways.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
but with only 48 on the outside those studs will take more stres when turning. There is a greater chance of pulling one through. I would either run all 96 on the outside or not run any at all. My track in the XLT came to me with 48 studs on the outside and i am replacing the track this year due to rips in the outside belt.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
just my opinion but i had horrible luck restudding my track. i had 3500 miles on track and studs, studs were just wore out so i figure just restud since the track seems fine, so i did and the track started poppin' studs out like popcorn and wrecked the track, so in the end, new track, 144 more studs, backers, nuts. so in hindsight if i had to do over again i would've just replaced the track and studs even the the initial cost is more. and futher more , you have a ton of power in the 'z' so the stress on the track is all that much more--good luck[:)]

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok i see. i am gonna just re-stud it in the same pattern thats there. good point guys thanx for all the info i appreciate it.i will put the 96 outside and 96 inside just like the last guy did i only found 2 that have pulled thro and thats because he didnt have big enough tunnel protectors so it hit the heat exchanger.again thatx for all the info lars.[8D]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts