Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We put on about 60 miles yesterday in some low and hard snow conditions with temps in the -15F area. I was riding with a '00 Skidoo 800 and my wife's '00 Indy Sport Touring. My '96 Ultra 680 was always the first to start and just ran awesome all day. I've neglected the suspension maintenance, she dips to one side and rides pretty low and rough, but I just grin when I think about how strong and reliable that motor is. Better yet, how can you not love the sound of a triple? I've been talking all fall and early winter about pulling that motor for my gokart and next year finding an xcr 800 or going to a 900 fusion, but the old girl's got me thinking twice.
Everyone close your eyes and wish for snow (unless you're from Denver).

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've got 3400 miles on mine. Oh, and closed circuit to Polaris, the only way I see myself buying a sled off the showroom floor is if it comes with a triple.

·
Registered
666 Posts
yeah, mine runs better than a dream, and it has 8100 miles on it

·
Registered
99 Posts
for what these motors are,a 680 triple. with the right mods, they will run like a raped ape. 150 hp. is not uncommon with the right pipes and proper set-up is key. stone reliable,one of the best motors polaris has ever made.[attachment=56340]

Attachments

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Originally posted by ultra929
[br]stone reliable,one of the best motors polaris has ever made.
They are very good, but the monoblock pretty much ruined polaris's reputation with triples. People couldn't seperate the two as being completely different....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts