Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
found an old wedge someone stuck an 02 600ves motor in. sled is for sale at a decent price and i thought itd be a good one to part out. it runs fine but need recoil repaired. i do realize that in a few months closer to winter value would be alot better, and id prolly hold on to it til then. just wondering a few opinions on what i could possibly get for the motor.
thanks

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Idk a number, but dont undersell it 1 dollar. With that motor bolting right into the IQR chassis, its in high demand.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Dragon700 said:
Idk a number, but dont undersell it 1 dollar. With that motor bolting right into the IQR chassis, its in high demand.
Good point, learn something new everyday. I'd say $1000 complete?[dunno]

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
mileage? compression?
complete as in the whole engine block (inlcuding CDI, stator, magneto, recoil), or the whole package that includes everything to make it run? (i.e. exhaust, carbs, wiring harness, & clutches).
If you sell it as the whole package I'd have to say $1000-1200,,, unless miles are over 5000.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
around $1000-$1200 for everything to make it run, and low(er) miles in great condition....

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
If compression is over 120 your golden. Under that your still OK, as long as both cylinders are close to each other

·
Registered
148 Posts
If the compression is around 120 on both cylinders and you sell everything electrical with it including the harness and CDI, but no carbs or exhaust with it you should be able to get $650 out of it right now. The 600 VES is probably the easiest polaris engine to sell. You might be able to get more out of it right now, but don't try getting rich off of one item. Just try to move things and make a profit off of all the items. Good Luck

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for all the responses. plan on picking it up, but wasnt sure if i want to part everything or keep the motor for one of my projects. i knew they were decent motors and it is complete with pipes and everything. sled does run and ride.
will most likely have to part with it though as im already in trouble for all my treasures i keep around.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts