Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Test is closed with 25 signed up! (Unless you have a really good story.)

I know this is the wrong time of the year here in the northern hemisphere, but I would like to ask snowmobilers help me test a new antifog called FogTech. It has already been tested in Motorcycle and Paintball and rated very highly. See http://www.motosolutions.com/reviews.html

But I think Snowmobiling would be the most difficult challenge for my product. Freezing conditions, enclosed helmets and hard physical work add up to the the ideal conditions for fogging. I know you have double shields, electric shields, etc. but some of those are inconvenient, expensive and can affect vision. I have tested FogTech by freezing faceshields with the product on them and judging the clarity. But that is no comparison for your actual experiences.

I will send up to 20 snowmobilers anywhere in the world a free sample of FogTech if you will report the results back to me. Send your name, complete mailing address, your helmet and visor (or goggles) type and phone number to [email protected] About two weeks after I send the sample, I will send an email asking about your results. I will only call you if I need a more detailed explanation of your results.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good idea. And thanks for the welcome. I have alerted the moderators.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
themenz, sounds interesting. do u think it will work for my modular ski doo helmet? I dont wear googles.. so I am asking will it still work either way?

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
yeah, it does sound interesting. I wear a full face helmet (see my avatar) and on real cold days it will get frost on the inside. It also will fog like mad if i'm not moving. When i'm moving though, it stays pretty clear.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here are a few responses-

luvsnowcold>>I believe it will work very well on the modular helmet. FogTech is designed to work on plastic (coated or uncoated) and glass. That modular helmet has a mask to vent your breath which is a significant source of fogging. However many people get fogging in goggles, right? Hopefully they aren't breathing thru their eyes. That fog causing moisture comes from their skin perspiring and from their eyes. FogTech eats that up. Apply to both sides of your glasses and the inside of your goggles or shield.

ripper--I have tested FogTech by freezing face masks to subzero temps and exposing them to room air. It appears to work very well in preventing frost and fog. The mask usually stays crystal clear on the FogTech side. But I need real world experience. I can't duplicate your rides in my fridge. (Hmmm...I am rethinking that. I could find a freezer at a frozen products company and test my various helmets and goggles in there.)

I have room left for 15 testers now.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
I would try it for you. I sent you an email...

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
i sent you an email, i'm always up for fere stuff just to help you out uand see if t works aight

·
Registered
777 Posts
how the heck cold can it get in Walnut Creek ,California,That would probally be a t-shirt and a sweater day for us in manitoba ,you want a test,this is where you seperate the men from the boys,i,ve riding in -40f-c, that was -60f with a windchill,and still had fun,,didn,t say i was smart though, LOL

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
How cold can it get in Walnut Creek? Nowhere near -40. Lawdy, lawdy, hab mercy!!

But we can still fog a shield. The start of the FogTech journey was after a party in Sausalito about 2 years ago. They wanted to see my new bike, BMW R1150R. I left the party near midnight and walked into heavy rain. Sausalito is built on a steep hill, streets are all curvy with no street lights. And it is right on San Francisco Bay so fog is always a possibility.

I put my Arai full face on and tried to ride out. Immediately fogged up. Cracked the shield and rain started flying in but fog started to go away. Closed the shield, now the fog got worse. So my choice was blind from the fog or blind from the rain.

About 6 months later, I got laid off from my software sales job and decided, I had enough of the corporate world. So here I am 18 months later with some serious $$$ investment and a heckuva good product IMHO.

But as you pointed out Xc, I lack snow and freezing temps to test FogTech in the environment you guys play in. Works very well for the motorcyclists that are using it. And paintball players are starting to order. Need skiers and snowboarders too. And want to test it on Ice Hockey players.

BTW, the coldest I have been was -15 F at about 11,000 feet on top of Mammoth with a blizzard blowing. Don't know what the windchill was. But I was having fun skiing. I cannot imagine -40.

Thanks for all the volunteers. I still have 8 more slots.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
I will be sending you an email.I have tried every product I could find, with poor results. Would be interested in elauating your product and finding something that works.You picked an excellent place to give your product the ultimate test.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Originally posted by Indy triple
[br]Will it also work on bathroom mirrors?

Claude
LMAO!!!! Too true! Well I guess when he sends the product if you have in any extra give it a try, and let us know what you find out!![;)]

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Claude>>it does work on bathroom mirrors.

Amaze your friends!! Impress your spouse!

Soak a Q-tip in FogTech, shake off the excess. Then write something on the mirror. The writing will be transparent. When they take a shower and the mirror fogs, the writing will magically appear.

(One of these days, I will get a life.)

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Originally posted by Indy triple
[br]Thanks for the reply themenz. Will it also work on bathroom mirrors?

Claude
you got a reply?? wheres my reply!!!???

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
Originally posted by themenz
[br]Claude>>it does work on bathroom mirrors.

Amaze your friends!! Impress your spouse!

Soak a Q-tip in FogTech, shake off the excess. Then write something on the mirror. The writing will be transparent. When they take a shower and the mirror fogs, the writing will magically appear.

(One of these days, I will get a life.)
Oh man that is great. I gotta see what other household stuff might do that, just for a prank!

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
I sent a message a couple days ago...no reply as of yet...

1 - 20 of 43 Posts