Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody hear herd of anti-foul spark plugs, do they last longer, if so about how much longer.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
NGK makes them, i had em on my EXT if i remember right, the numbers were BR9 EYA, the ones for my Powder Special are BR9 ES i think, and i think thsoe are supposed to be non fouling plugs also, both of these were EFI models and never fouled a plug..lol...still change em every so often

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My carbs are set right, but you follow my dad with any triple, and you will foul plugs to, he runs 15 MPH where I would run about 30-40 MPH. (mattgross you have a twin you can drive slow you don't have 3 spark plugs to worry about, you sled is a twin right)

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Originally posted by ZRT 600
[br]My carbs are set right
nope...try again, plugs should never oil/gas foul if your carbs are tuned. You may think they are ok but in actuality they aren't perfect enough (some sleds require much more fine tuning than most ppl will do) What are you going off of that you know the carbs are set right? Have you ever changed the slow jet, adjusted the needle or turned the air screw?

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got the carbs tuned by a friend who is a professional, and he even put them on the machine to balance them, he has 1995 ZRT 800, and has the same problem if he drives slow for an extended period of time. That's how the ZRT's are.

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
Then the needle is the wrong profile... In a perfect system, the needle would meter the right amount of fuel, no matter what the throttle position... Your needle is the majority of the tuning between just off idle, and nearly WOT. Most needles are NOT right on...

-Dean

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, I was just talking to the guy, and he said he fixed his last March when we got back from riding, he found the problem mine two, he said to give it a good run and the carbon will clear out of it, he said it is just the carbon he didn't clean out, so I guess i'll no if it worked in a couple of weeks, I think it will work. Oh ya I was only fouling plugs if I let the machine cool off while I went in for lunch etc.

·
Registered
837 Posts
i have a 2 cyclinder accualy have have 4 machines with 2 and i have never fouled a plug, i have only have one go had after 60 hours, and if you have the carbs set right and the oil you won't have a problem, and if you buddy sinked your carbs that doesn't matter for the mix

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ya he checked the how much oil was going in, and he leaned it out a bit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts