Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out for a quick ride last night and went to start my 00 Yamaha sxr 500 and it wouldn't go. So I pulled gas line off my carb and sucked antifreeze out! How does this happen? A blown headgasket wouldn't do it I don't think

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
are yo sure you didnt pull a coolant line off?? often there is a coolant line run to carbs to keep them warm and prevent ice up...

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
could be the coolant line.. they run to both carbs and have a shut off valve. post a picture.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah my mistake. not familiar with newer sleds. fuji motors is all i kno. i thought that line was some sort of vaccum line or something. thanks for the help

2fast4you13 said:
Hahahaha. Hilarious.
whats so funny?

·
Registered
841 Posts
FYI..........A lot of the yami's have heated carbs. They come in handy on those cold cold mornings. Specially if there's lots of light fluffly snow dust. Cold air, humidity, etc. all have an effect on the carbs freezing up. Some people turn them on for the first 15 minutes and then shut the valve. You can experiment with yours, and find the best performance for certain conditions. You won't hurt or break anything if you close the valve.

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
a lot of sleds run them, i know yami did for awhile and ski-doody does as well. rather nice to keep them from icing up on a cold snowy night.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Pretty much all the older EFI have coolant running to the TB's.. Not sure about the newer ones,

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
How would the carbs being a little warm affect the performance? I know gas atomizes better at cooler temps but would that make that big of a difference?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts