Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brother and I are going head to head on a 1/4 mile lake this weekend.

In the blue corner we have the '94 XLT SKS 600 piped. 136" X 2". Last seen doing 90 mph (indicated)

In the yellow/red corner we have the '99 MM 700 piped 136" X 2" Never been able to get her wide open yet.

Anyone want to put their comments down? Race results won't be posted until Monday Mar 11 after we return.

We both weight the same about 150lb.

Any questions?

-----------------------------
I think.... therefore I sled
Two '94 Indy XLT SKS

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
The 700 has the advantage of larger engine.

http://www.bolliger-mabillard.com

I love B&M Coasters!

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
I'm going to go against the grain and pick the Polaris.....don't know why, just because!

2002 Arctic Cat ZR 800 EFI

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
I put it on the 700 off the line try and keep your nose down I remember you mentioned your straps being loosened. I don't mean tighten them I just mean lean forward. Lower ski pressure is a good thing less friction forces.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well its official. The 700 took the 600's but it was a lot closer than I thought it would have been.

Out of the hole the Yami hooked up and jumped ahead and just kept pulling ahead.

Second run across I gave them about a 5 sec head start and we all finished together.

The biggest difference was we were all running in about 8" powder on the lake so we could only max out at about 75 - 80 mph. My MM doesn't have a speedo cable so I couldn't get an indicated speed out of it. Both XLTs and the XCR were all exactly the same give or take one sled length over 1/2 mile.

I think.... therefore I sled
Two '94 Indy XLT SKS

1 - 5 of 5 Posts