Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What diesel engines/pickups are you favorites?

Its a poll, and you can post any pics of diesels, or videos of diesels.

As most of you know I am a cummins man.

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
http://video.thedieselgarage.com/search/1020+hp/0/8fb8c0d0-1445-414b-8d05-d106d50d7f86.htm

There is a reason why i am a cummins man. :p

[attachment=38039]

Attachments

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
I love the ford super duty but would like to have aduramax in it.

Duramax is the best on the market right now. Will take alot of mods and stay together.

I love diesels especially the internations we have at work, my problem is I don't put enough time or miles on a truck to justify having one. Buddy down the road is a diesel tech. I asked him about getting one and he told me that if I don't put 25,000+ on a year that it will cost me in parts down the road.

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Our old green beast. 315000 miles and still runnin strong.
[attachment=43426]
[attachment=43429]

Our old white one which we sold a while back.
[attachment=43359]

And as soon as we get our film developed (ya i know what the hells film? LOL) i will have pics of our 06.

4 Ram cummins and all have been great trucks.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
http://video.thedieselgarage.com/category/Tractor+Pulls/0/b4629399-1c8a-46e5-870f-1fa912094d64.htm

That is a must watch. LMAO

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Haha this ones pretty funny too.

http://video.thedieselgarage.com/search/kubota/0/b043911b-80c1-4234-96e4-6302098dbc64.htm

New nitrous setup?

http://video.thedieselgarage.com/category/Nitrous/5/13c2edf7-6f23-4e42-a81e-59e9ff63f8c3.htm

·
Super Moderator
11,689 Posts
I love diesels...drive one if I could. I like the Powerstroke, but the Duramax is up there as well. Cummins isn't bad, but I've never been a Dodge guy, which they are in.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I like the Ford Superduty's, but my favorite diesel would have to be a Detroit.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
[attachment=49226]

Here's our 01 Ram with the Cummins HO
[attachment=38185]

My dream truck Ram 10x10:
[attachment=49224]

Why I like Dodge:
[attachment=49225]

[attachment=49227]
[attachment=49229]

Attachments

·
Registered
324 Posts
I'm a ford man, but i'm not a fan of the powerstroke engine. It's made by international and they dont make very good smaller diesel engines. My dream truck is a newer Ford F-350 with a Cummins Diesel and an Allison Transmission. So if you dont know thats a ford body with a dodge engine and a chevy tranny. Ironic, but a nearly bulletproof truck.

And I hate that saying "I'd rather be cummin' than strokin'" Well you know what if you stroke long enough youll start cummin' too. Ive seen quite a few fords with cummins engines in them. theyll run a long time. I saw a rod comparison between ford, chevy, and dodge. Well the chevy has a rod that looks like a tonka toy next to the cummins, and the powerstroke looks better than the chevy but still 2nd to the cummins. I also think that its not fair to say that the duramax is better because it's quieter. Well its hard to hear whats not there. Ive seen more jelled up on the side of the road than any other truck.

I guess im just looking for reliability more than anything else so whatever.
My vote is for a Cummins or a CAT engine, not the trucks they're in but the engine.

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well since a few of you brought up CAT's. I have the newer issue of diesel power, they were talking about who will be the next one to use a caterpillar engine in a light duty truck. They said GM won't because they already have too much into their diesel to start buying someone elses and Dodge most likely wont, because they have the cummins. But ford is a possibility considering how the 6.0 went, and how the new 6.4 will go.

Also for those of you who think dodge will not have the cummins after 2007. In the DP mag they were showing the new cummins V6 and V8 engine that will be used in the 1500 and durango. they said "for you ISB cummins guys don't worry the 6.7 will be here to stay"

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Looking at possibly getting a diesel in the next month or so. Love the new Dodge's, but not as comfy as the Sierras. Duramax hasn't been around that terribly long and Cummins has a good reputation, I won't do Ford, I love the looks, but just more of a mental thing for some reasons.. They got some 06 Duramax models down to like $34k new that were at $46k. Rams are still sitting in the $40s.

I am looking for a daily driver, yet something that will get better mileage then my 6.0L, travel accross the US, tow sleds and my GTP, thinking diesel is the way to go.

-Skip

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Ford won't go with cat. Int owes them so much with the 6.0 crapping out. The 6.4 twin turbo is where it is going to be. They are using the fuel system simular to the isuzu.

I can see gm using a cat engine since they are buying the duramax from isuzu right now. Who really knows, time will tell.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Originally posted by Skipponator
[br]Looking at possibly getting a diesel in the next month or so. Love the new Dodge's, but not as comfy as the Sierras. Duramax hasn't been around that terribly long and Cummins has a good reputation, I won't do Ford, I love the looks, but just more of a mental thing for some reasons.. They got some 06 Duramax models down to like $34k new that were at $46k. Rams are still sitting in the $40s.

I am looking for a daily driver, yet something that will get better mileage then my 6.0L, travel accross the US, tow sleds and my GTP, thinking diesel is the way to go.

-Skip
You must be looking at some nicer Dodges that i've been seeing on the lots. I know in Moorhead, new 06 2500 4-door diesels, autos & manuals with prices on them for around $33k-36k depending on how many bells and whistles you want.

Through my dad's work, he can get an additional $6000 off of 07 Dodges. I wish i had the money to afford one. They gave an example of some of the trucks. I can get an 2007 Ram 2500 diesel, 4 door, auto or man., shortbox for around $24,000. I don't know if that truck was a 4x4 or not but still, that's cheap for a 2007 diesel truck.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.