Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a rebuilt engine today and would like to know what the timing should be set at. Also, if I remember right I am suppose to hold the oil pump wide open and pull the cord until oil pukes into the intake ports. Is this the correct method for priming the oil pump? And lastly, should the marks on the pump line up in idle position? I would ask my local dealer these questions but I don't trust them for various reasons. Thank you for your time.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
There should be a phillips headed bolt loosen this up to prime the pump while pulling it over. Pump marks should line up at idle. Although some have marks for idle and wot. If you have 2 marks try to line them up equally.

Timing for a ec50pl-01/02 is 15.5*@7500
ec50pl-03 is 15.5*@7000

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
with the motor off you can loosen the bleed screw that xcr 440 mentioned. when oil drippes out of that for a moment. the you can start the machine. but use a tank of mixed gas for the first tank just to make sure the oil pump gets primed and all the air out. with the machine idleing you can by hand reach in and open the pump. for a moment.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts