Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My maching is running great now starts with one pull but just have one problem I put oil down the cylender heads as i didn't know how long it would be before i got it running again and after i finely did get it running {runs great} but there's oil comming out the carbs and it smokes bad till it worms up IS that Normal any help on this topic

·
Registered
135 Posts
Just start the motor up and let it come up to temp (120 degrees F or so) at least once a month. It only takes a few minutes to warm up. i never fog my motor, pour oil down it ect...i just run it at least once a month. As far as your issue, you probably have a little extra oil in it due to pouring it down into the cylinder head. From just normal use it'l burn out if it already hasn't done it. In the summer your jetting is fat so when you do start it she will smoke a bit more. The only thing you may want to check would be to make sure your oil cable is adjust properly. The oil arm shouldn't move until you crack the throttle open a good 1/8th to 3/16th of an inch. A lot of oil injection pumps are set to move the lever as soon as you touch the throttle and it can introduce oil into the motor a little too quickly and cause it to bog/accelerate a little slower off the line. Just my $.02.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Blaine said:
Just start the motor up and let it come up to temp (120 degrees F or so) at least once a month. It only takes a few minutes to warm up. i never fog my motor, pour oil down it ect...i just run it at least once a month. As far as your issue, you probably have a little extra oil in it due to pouring it down into the cylinder head. From just normal use it'l burn out if it already hasn't done it. In the summer your jetting is fat so when you do start it she will smoke a bit more. The only thing you may want to check would be to make sure your oil cable is adjust properly. The oil arm shouldn't move until you crack the throttle open a good 1/8th to 3/16th of an inch. A lot of oil injection pumps are set to move the lever as soon as you touch the throttle and it can introduce oil into the motor a little too quickly and cause it to bog/accelerate a little slower off the line. Just my $.02.
Hay blaine thanks for the info its nice to hear it running again wasn't sure how long it would have took me if it wasn't for your help thats why i put the oil in the heads, Man you sure know your stuff!!!!! you must have been working on them for some time ha or do you work in a shop? any way thanks for the awesome advice now I would like to lift the rearend for deeper snow but never did that{IEEEE} and i get tired of getting stuck and haveing my buddys help me get out any walk throughs on that topic with pix just a thought thanks a million Tom

·
Registered
135 Posts
The 93-95 t-cats are very heavy and have low lug tracks on them....everything you don't want in a sled in deeper snow. Not much you can do about it other than slip another suspension under it for a little more travel and I think you can only go up to about a 1.25" track on it without hitting the front heat exchanger.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Blaine said:
The 93-95 t-cats are very heavy and have low lug tracks on them....everything you don't want in a sled in deeper snow. Not much you can do about it other than slip another suspension under it for a little more travel and I think you can only go up to about a 1.25" track on it without hitting the front heat exchanger.Ok sound good then nice riding machine and ton's of power so i guess have to take the good with the bad i guess, any way of making it lighter say change the seat and suspension maby take off the steel ski's and put on plastic ones, any other help will for sure be well welcomed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts