Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
4,979 Posts
Try a search. We've covered this several time just this season.

My $0.02. Avoid the 600 HO it's a pig on gas. No there weren't crank issues. There were ring issues and bearing seal issues on SOME sleds. All those issues were solved for the '05 production run.

Find a '06 or newer. They have the SC4 suspension. A 600 sdi gets 16-17 mpg. An 800 10-12 mpg.

· Registered
2 Posts
The 600HO is great engine. The GSX is a great sled. I just did a fuel milage calculation for my 2 sleds as accurately as possible. I have an '06 MXZ 600HO that gets 15 MP U.S. Gal. My wife's '04 MXZ gets slightly less but it's hardly a pig on gas. They do have their issues though but nothing serious enough to say avoid them. No crank, overheating, or major break down issues of any kind for 10,000kms combined now. Plus, they're carbed sleds so you don't need a dealer to diagnose an electrical issue...or a battery. My opinion anyway.

· Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Snow-Balls said:
The 600HO is great engine. The GSX is a great sled. I just did a fuel milage calculation for my 2 sleds as accurately as possible. I have an '06 MXZ 600HO that gets 15 MP U.S. Gal. My wife's '04 MXZ gets slightly less but it's hardly a pig on gas. They do have their issues though but nothing serious enough to say avoid them. No crank, overheating, or major break down issues of any kind for 10,000kms combined now. Plus, they're carbed sleds so you don't need a dealer to diagnose an electrical issue...or a battery. My opinion anyway.
so the 04 is not the SDI fuel injected? I was hoping not because I like it simple

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.