Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well with summer fast approaching I pulled out my rm125 today. started p 3rd kick after sitting in the corner of the shop for over 6 months.

anyways i need something to drive this summer. its illeagle to ride dirtbikes where i live and i have no way to transport it.
Anyone on here have a small pickup like a ford ranger or a s10 that they would like to trade for my dirtbike? If i cant get a truck i will take a desent car. all i want is something to get me around that wont fall apart on me. I dont care about looks. let me know what you guys have for me. If you find anything on the internet let me know so i can try to make a deal. I cant travel far to look at cars so keep it in minnesota. It's hard to get my parents to take me places. thats why i need a car for this summer. i am sick of rideing a bike or walking to where i need to go. I have had a few people offer me 1500 for my bike and i am wishing that i would have sold it and got a car in the middle of winter.
stormy96

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Year? Mods?

How about posting it in the classifieds?

Also. I dont mean to put you down, but a semi-decent 96 4x4 ranger would normally sell for 1500-2000. If your bikes an 05, then its probably, if your lucky, and the bike must be IMMACULATE, will pull 1500. 2-stroke dirtbikes do NOT hold their value past the first year. If it's been started, cut 20% off MSRP.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1993 Rm125 FMF gold series pipe, FMF so calif. scilencer, boysen reeds, uni air filter, dunlop tires, renthal bars, custom seat cover, and it might have a wiesco piston... not shure. maybe shaved head? i dont know what the guy before me did to it.
2010215112713921_30620.jpg

20102151127162_30620.jpg

201021511264815_30620.jpg

201021511262531_30620.jpg

I dont want anything nice im just looking for a beater. if you have something thats nice and needs a little work i might be up for it. let me know what you have...

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
wow if i was closer we could make another deal lol i know a guy who has a s10 and id love to have a bike for my area. but im broke now since my tranny went out in my truck today

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
talk to that guy see if he needs a bike. your not to far. if you want to make a deal i could meat you halfway i think.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
idk i will talk to him. i now he is hard up for money and the motor is shot but he has a newer motor with less miles to go in it. he hit me up to do the engine swap. its easy in my opinion but let me see what he wants for it and maybe we can figure something out. the bike good to go riding? or does it need something?

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
bike needs NOTHING! It sat in the shop all winter (about 6 months) and it started on the 3rd kick when i took it out. i can lift the front tire off the ground in all the gears if the bike hooks up.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
thats awsome. wouldnt want to trade for a 87 lincoln town car would ya?

ford v8 302 / 5.0 im not sure but one day the reverse quit working i was told by a tranny guy it was an aculator or something.

its power everything and a digital dash with the trip and the headlights change automaticly & leather. havent ran it in about a year but some fresh gas and it will fire up no problem.

i also have another white 89 lincoln and all it needs is a brake booster. i removed it to replace it and my dad just bought another 89 lincoln instead so i parked it out back.

both cars could probably use a tune up but work was done to both before they were parked. my old man he loves these old lincolns but when he comes across a new one he just buys it n drives that one.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
dude those are nice! one problem tho. what does it get for gas mileage?

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
about 22mpg for a 4500lb car and the trunks are huge!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
NO way that thing get 22mpg! and i know how big those trunks are... you could stuff 20 bodies in there lmao

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
mite need a tune up or something though. i did majority of the work on them but havent messed with them in quite some time. the one with the pics is probably the beter one. just dont know about that tranny. i drove it around but always had to park where i could drive strait forward. never cared to really drive it since i have a camaro and two 4wheel drive pickups which one blew a tranny today on me.

id recomend that it get trailered since it dont have current plates and i havent driven it for a few years. had it running this last summer in the pics but its parked in the same spot still.

sTOrMy96 said:
NO way that thing get 22mpg! and i know how big those trunks are... you could stuff 20 bodies in there lmao
yeah! 22 lol. id say anywhere from 18-22mpg. depends on how you drive. in these old cars i drive easy cause they are nothing like my camaro lol if i wanna go fast i take the z28 if i wanted to cruise i take the lincoln

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i would have to find out what a trany will run me. if i can get one cheap you might have a deal. where do you live> city?

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
sTOrMy96 said:
i would have to find out what a trany will run me. if i can get one cheap you might have a deal. where do you live> city?
oxford wi 53952 you got my address lol i know a guy who has one for $100. id say you could take the trans out n just have that one looked at. i was told it was something simple

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hmmm thats a long way from me but it might be worth it. im broke at the moment so i would just go with the 100 buck trany

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
i know the feeling. i have never been so broke lol

·
Registered
1,356 Posts

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
there's a 98 4x4 ranger extended cab (white) for sale on s.diamond lake road just past champlin pdq. 87000 on it....5 g's. I know it's a one owner...was my friends principle in high shcool. Obviously would be a little outta the price range but you gotta start building credit sometime. If you have a job I'd say get the old man to sign for you on a note.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts