Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just chekcing if anyone went riding or has some snow reports...From this past weekend..

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
I went to Eureka the snow was good once you got back about 6-8 miles, but it was really cold -22 degrees. And there was still moisture in the air so goggles were useless.

Still put in 50 miles and had a blast. The snow in the mountains is really nice good base and 2-3' of fluff on top. It was deep enough that I had to turn around on a couple of hills. Couldn't just blast over the top.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Some firends and I broke trail up Johnson Pass last Sunday. Turnagan Pass has a lot of snow right now, last Thrusday a friend of my said that it was one of the top 5 deepest days he has seen.

Just a note that Turnagain, Johnson, and that whole area are not for the inexperenced riders. When you go you need to have the right gear, shovle, probe, and peep are a must. We had to cut a few alders and build a snow bridge to keep going, but once you get back in its great ridding.

I have a couple of pics that I took but when I tried to up load them they were too big. Anyone know how I can cut down there size, I just got the camara for X-mas and still learning how to use it.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Johnson Pass isn't open to riding yet is it? When I talked with the Seward ranger district they said there wasn't enough snow at the trail head to open any of the areas yet.

I am hoping we get enough snow by this weekend to open Lost Lake, 6 guys planning on the trip.

The software that came with your camera should allow you to size the images, the one I got my wife for Christmas will let me take a 1600x1200 image and one click it is a 640x480 image. Check out the particulars in your software.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Here are the pics.

/snofan/../images/users/In Alaska/Johns Pass Group 12-29.JPG

The group was a little big to be breaking trail but it was not too bad.

/snofan/../images/users/In Alaska/Johns Pass Snow 12-29.JPG

There was plenty of snow. We also made the trail around the normal one to avoid most of the bumps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts