Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Check out LED-DOCTOR's gallery. He has quite a few in there.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Been there done that. Check out my gallery near the first few pages. Now its to common but back 5-6 years ago i was one of the first. You typically need 6 for the sled to look right.

And pics dont really show how bright they are especially when there blue leds but they cast a huge amount of light. I found them to be quite bright.

·
Registered
848 Posts
I might actually end up doing this to my sled... if nothing else comes up.. considering LED DRLs. I like the idea of LEDs because they draw very low voltage, and i dont have a battery.

Also, the color blue refracts the most, which makes it appear brighter, especially on white snow! FYI

·
Registered
632 Posts
I have a underhood/underglow. Originally it was 2 sticks, but one is missing, guessing broke off whn the PO rolled it? should be able to see the glow thru the hood screens. No pics yet tho.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
im putting some on soon and just wondering if anyone has sick pics to help me decide and i just ordered 12k hids too :)

·
Registered
848 Posts
google images has a bunch. Does your hids have a relay harness?

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Bames said:
I might actually end up doing this to my sled... if nothing else comes up.. considering LED DRLs. I like the idea of LEDs because they draw very low voltage, and i dont have a battery.

Also, the color blue refracts the most, which makes it appear brighter, especially on white snow! FYI
Actually they are all the same brightness its just the human eye can see some colors better than others so they appear brighter. Take a laser pointer for instance, the red ones (5mw) are fun but kind of boring after a few minutes, get a green one (5mw) and its about 10x as "bright". Its not actually any brighter its what your eye sees the best, so green L.E.D.s will look the brightest to the naked eye. (Just something I thought someone might want to know)
Oh, and here's a good website for L.E.D. kits for snowmobiles: www.ledaccentlights.net

·
Registered
227 Posts
red02xcsp600 said:
dmk144 said:
Where did you buy those from?? Nice Pics..
I got them from plasmaled.com, I used 3 high output waterproof for the footrests and tunnel, and 5 led pods for the shock pockets in front. I do not like the 5 led pod as much. I am going to switch them out for the high outputs.

Attachments

·
Registered
185 Posts
I just ordered some from LEDoctor (www.led-doctor.com) They should be here in a few days[/font=Comic Sans MS] [:D]

Will have pics once I get them and put them on[/font=Comic Sans MS]

·
Registered
195 Posts
i email joe florida and he said that the 4 led cluster pod is the cheapest and the best bang for your buck when you want to put some in the shock tower, engine bay and the rear track area

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
jake.parker said:
i email joe florida and he said that the 4 led cluster pod is the cheapest and the best bang for your buck when you want to put some in the shock tower, engine bay and the rear track area
yeah im not getting pods but i decided t get the led strip kit and running board extesion kit through joe florida the strips he sell are so low profile that i almost dont have to worry abot the snw ripping it right off[thumb] Joe florida has good stuff!!

·
Registered
848 Posts
Yeah about the relay harness red02xcsp600 you may not need it... I didnt.

·
Registered
195 Posts
red02xcsp600 said:
jake.parker said:
yeah im not getting pods but i decided t get the led strip kit and running board extesion kit through joe florida the strips he sell are so low profile that i almost dont have to worry abot the snw ripping it right off[thumb] Joe florida has good stuff!!
i ordered 12v 5 4 red cluster pods on his ebay with free shipping for a total of 15.02 and the fuse and switch was 2.00 and i am having one pod in the back under tunnel shining on the track and the area then two for the shock towers and two in the engine bay

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Bames said:
Yeah about the relay harness red02xcsp600 you may not need it... I didnt.
yea i have someone that i order it thru and he can get it real quick if i need it and if not than im all set it should come in today or monday so ill post pics when i install them[:D]

jake.parker said:
red02xcsp600 said:
jake.parker said:
i ordered 12v 5 4 red cluster pods on his ebay with free shipping for a total of 15.02 and the fuse and switch was 2.00 and i am having one pod in the back under tunnel shining on the track and the area then two for the shock towers and two in the engine bay

Post some pics when its done [1237]

1 - 19 of 19 Posts