Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I am new to the site and was wondering if anyone could offer any suggestions for possible mods for my 02 Pro-x 600. I am fairly new to snowmobiling and just purchased this sled. I rode an XLT 600 last year just for reference. I am excited to ride this year but just wondered if there was any suggestions out there. I am a heavier guy at about 250 lbs. so keep that in mind. I will try and post pics of it tomorrow. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
195 Posts
RBB22 said:
Hello all,

I am new to the site and was wondering if anyone could offer any suggestions for possible mods for my 02 Pro-x 600. I am fairly new to snowmobiling and just purchased this sled. I rode an XLT 600 last year just for reference. I am excited to ride this year but just wondered if there was any suggestions out there. I am a heavier guy at about 250 lbs. so keep that in mind. I will try and post pics of it tomorrow. Thank you in advance.
First of all welcome to the site and there is several thing but I would get a fatty shock so your sled is not bottoming out all the time

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
jake.parker said:
RBB22 said:
Hello all,

First of all welcome to the site and there is several thing but I would get a fatty shock so your sled is not bottoming out all the time
he has a pro-x, they came pretty stiff from the factory so He should be fine.
Clutching is the cheapest mod that has impressive results. Pipes are pricey.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the suggestions so far. I also looked into the heavy duty torsion springs due to my weight, but the guy at the local polaris dealer thought it might be ok stock and suggested that I ride it first and see what I think. I am also going to set it on the stiffest setting for the torsion springs. What about a can? Is that more for sound than anything? And on the clutch note, would you suggest a clutch kit or different weights and spring on the stock clutch? I forgot to mention that it also has a 1.5" ripsaw track on it. Not sure if that is going to make a difference on recommendations or not but I thought that I should mention that. I think with my weight and how I want to ride it that I would want more low end torque versus top end. Not saying that I wont go fast, but I would rather come out of the hole good.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
A Polaris Almond/Blue primary spring will be the simplest and cheapest. For $30 your engagement will raise to almost 4500 RPMs so you have a good hard launch from stand-still.
Cans don't do sh*t for performance, they are only noisemakers and will shed a couple pounds

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Drop the front mounting on the skid 7/8 of an inch, this will allow your rear suspension to work properly and fully, otherwise you'll be riding the rear arm alot and trenching once you go offtrail. Jet down, these were pigrich from the factory.
$500 for twins from SLP, or buy used, jet and clutch accordingly and you'll be happy. Or SLP can and lose some weight with a good bark.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts