Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of picking one of these up for $3500. Ad says less than 500miles.

Any opinions or experiences? This would be mainly a trail sled.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Great trail sled not as fast top end wise as say a 600 or 700 but it can handle it's own of tight twisty rough trails.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Great sled youl love it in the trails and ditches lags a bit on the lake but its a awsome sled.

·
Registered
183 Posts
i have 550 super sport
very reliable you will not be disappointed it is a great engine

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advice guys...price looks good, no?

I should notice a substantial differnece in the suspension from my 96XLT w/extra 12, right?

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Did you see if www.polarisfiles.com under sleds has the weight

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by proxJ
[br]You will love the suspion if you ride hard!
So you are saying it's kind of stiff? How about taking the bumps out of trail riding?

How does it compare to Xtra-12?

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Originally posted by bleech1
[br]
Originally posted by xcr440
[br]Did you see if www.polarisfiles.com under sleds has the weight
UH, did you only read one sentence of my two sentence post?
Uh, no I ment www.polarisman.com

No need to get snippy...

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
[br]
So you are saying it's kind of stiff? How about taking the bumps out of trail riding?

It's not that rough. It rides nice. You can't have the best of both world. The 04' were sprung better(softer) than the 02's.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Originally posted by xcr440
[br]
[br]

It's not that rough. It rides nice. You can't have the best of both world. The 04' were sprung better(softer) than the 02's.
Yeah ive heard that the 02's were a bit stiffer then the 04's, but yeah ti doe good when i had it stock i had the shocks revalved harder for jumping.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I think that $3500 would be a decent price. I personally wouldn't get a 550 because of there power. They are simply a 550 fan with great reliability no doubt about it, but I would think that for a 550 they should've been a bit quicker. The Pro-X suspension was designed to take the big hits out of the trails or ditches for that fact, and is a high-performance design. There is almost endless possibilities with suspension tuning so I wouldn't worry about it to much.

·
Registered
43 Posts
One thing you might want to know about fan cooled vs liquid is that if you have a wide variety of ambiant temperature changes in your area, fan cooled machines are very finicky they like the cold but not warmer weather, my son's XCF 440 was really hard to keep the carbs tuned for the outdoor temp. If your good with jet changing and syncronizing you'll be alright but it takes up a fair amount of time (from exp) thats why he changed to an 05 XCSP 600. Big bubbles no troubles.. cheers let it snow

·
Registered
28 Posts
my son owns a 2004 pro x 550,it has 8000 miles on it,bulletproof only repair needed was a couple of pistons normal wear.You will suprise alot of riders with this sled,in the twists and bumps it stays glued to the trail,great jump sled.It will top out at 80 mph under ideal conditions.

GOOD LUCK ENJOY[:)]

·
Registered
327 Posts
I have a Aaen pipe for it for sale. Outside of warming up the sled a few times the pipe has no miles on it. I weighed my stock system then the Aaen pipe, you save 14 lbs on a 05 super sport plus you gain 6 hp. I'm in need of the funds will sell for $175.00 plus shipping. E-mail me if interested.--Mike[attachment=51771]

Attachments

·
Registered
404 Posts
Originally posted by NightWatcher
[br]One thing you might want to know about fan cooled vs liquid is that if you have a wide variety of ambiant temperature changes in your area, fan cooled machines are very finicky they like the cold but not warmer weather, my son's XCF 440 was really hard to keep the carbs tuned for the outdoor temp. If your good with jet changing and syncronizing you'll be alright but it takes up a fair amount of time (from exp) thats why he changed to an 05 XCSP 600. Big bubbles no troubles.. cheers let it snow
Umm. . . I think that might be an XCF only issue. Every fan I've ever ridden has been just as forgiving jetting-wise as the liquids. Our 83 Indy Trail has never had the jets changed and has run in temps ranging from -10 to about 40 degrees F, and hasn't fouled a plug yet.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts