Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey just wondering whats involed if its a major pain or simple it looks like i have to take half the sled apart"dive gear "
any help would be cool

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I did this last season on my 90 Indy 500. I don't have any tips except those 1/4" bolts strip out really easy. It is kinda stupid that you have to take so much crap apart just to get at the stupid brake pads. You can't cheat and try to weasel them out of their either, I tried.

·
Registered
404 Posts
One tip I would give you is to put in the heavy-duty brake pads while you are in there. They make one set of normal pads and another set for sleds with studs. Put in the ones for studded sleds, they last longer.

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Mine was really easy to change? Pop off the caliper via 2 bolts on chaincase, pull off caliper. it all slides apart from there? I have air cooled brakes too.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Is it really that XLT's are different, or is that the chaincase changed? All Indy 500's up until 1992 had the one piece chaincase brake assembly without a drain plug or a dipstick. All Indy 500's 1993+ adopted the later style chaincase with the caliper able to be removed from the top of the chaincase, a drain plug, and a dipstick. I just assumed all Polaris sleds changed over at the same time. My 1996 Indy 500 has the new style.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
mine is the whole chain case with no dipstick thanks for your replys i guess i will have to take it all apart then[xx(]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.