Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '97 Ultra SPX with a temperature guage that only works if the wire connecting to the rail is just right. I've tried closing the connection more and adding a zip tie but it only works for a little bit then works its way lose again. I've heard this is a normal accurance on these. Does anyone have any tips or tricks to make this work all the time. I would like the guage to work since it is there but then again who knows if the dummy light is working!? thanks in advace.

· Registered
1,378 Posts
WHIPPED500 said:
I have a '97 Ultra SPX with a temperature guage that only works if the wire connecting to the rail is just right. I've tried closing the connection more and adding a zip tie but it only works for a little bit then works its way lose again. I've heard this is a normal accurance on these. Does anyone have any tips or tricks to make this work all the time. I would like the guage to work since it is there but then again [highlight=yellow]who knows if the dummy light is working!?[/highlight=yellow] thanks in advace.
I put a temp gauge in mine, and took out the idiot light. Take out the sensor, screw in the probe, tie in wires to head light wire for gauge light, and walla.
Edit: picked up temp gauge at champion auto ($25.00)

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply ultrawillie but I am trying to fix what is there already. The temp guage works but the wire that goes to the rail keeps coming loose and doesn't have a good connection. Once you wiggle and push the wire you can get the guage to work but it just ends up vibrating loose again. I'm trying to get the connection to stay. Any other thoughts?

· Registered
1,378 Posts
WHIPPED500 said:
Thanks for the reply ultrawillie but I am trying to fix what is there already. The temp guage works but the wire that goes to the rail keeps coming loose and doesn't have a good connection. Once you wiggle and push the wire you can get the guage to work but it just ends up vibrating loose again. I'm trying to get the connection to stay. Any other thoughts?
Try wireing it direct, sodder and shrink wrap. Or try a different connector set up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.